Highway Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

Gotta say, I'm at 9000 miles now and loving this truck on the highway. I've now figured out how to stomp on it when I need to (every vehicle is different w/ regards to getting up the RPMs a bit just before you accelerate to pass someone and yes, I guess the computer may get more used to driving styles).

...its really great on the highway! I have to look down every once in a while to make sure I'm not doing 90mph without realizing it (happened several times on the last trip) as I usually hover around 70-75 on the highway. It is very smooth, quiet and stable at high speeds. Steering is still tight, not jittery at all as some past SUVs I've driven where you are very aware once you push 80mph.

That's the only point of this post...just enjoying the vehicle. :biggrin: Still wouldn't want to buy it as a heavy tow vehicle based on some other reviews, and I would never recommend the V6...its a 5000 lb vehicle! Get the V8. But its all good.

Hope you're having similar experiences,
-todd

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Freeflytim

20k on mine... Drive it like you stole it... any less and it feels slugish! 85ish is a sweat spot.

Anything above 110ish it does get a little 'top heavy!'

H

hysterwv

110!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Tim you SCARE me! 110mph in my Audi, but not the LR3. 90-95mph is tops for me.

A

aah78

great handler

i've never tried taking it to that high a speed, yet but i must say, the lr3 handles excellently compared to certain other suvs out there. ofcourse, the tall design doesn't make it a racer but the handling is amazing for a brute. especially if you work with the DSC off and the tip/steptronic box.
ad

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Series 2 to about 115 once. It shakes alot at that speed. I caught up to an unmarked police car doing about 85-90 and had to slow down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99