Hood open warning not showing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Broadway

Reaction score
Hello all.
So when I open the hood on my 2011 HSE I don’t get the ‘hood open’ show on the dash. I checked the hood switch and it was disconnected, so reconnected it and still not registering if I pop it open.
If unplugged or not serviceable, would that prevent the car from seeing its open? Would replacing the hood switch solve maybe? cheers for any insight or ideas.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As with most cars it is quite obvious your hood is open. Why Land Rover decided that people needed a warning who knows but the sensor fails and you get odd alarms. Most owners with this issue simply jump the wires and are done with it. Best to save your money for all the other stuff. If you have an excess supply of green bills then by all means go buy a new sensor.

Matt Broadway

Reaction score
Well I put a new switch in but it didn't solve the issue and there was no hood open warning. Disconnected again and moved on to the next item in the list. Ce la vie! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9