How big is the LR3 Offroad community?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for parts for my Rover. Options exist but there aren't very many. Seems some companies have gone out of business and it's frustrating . . . so maybe I do it myself? Have tons of "friends" in the Jeep offroad accessory business. . .

I know how many LR3's are out there . . .but how many of us actually wheel them?

Anybody have thoughts?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than you would think Milehigh. Most of us don't chime in unless the thread is trail related or modifying our trucks for trail use. Don't have much to say about Ipod connectivity or wheel polish.

Attachments

• 869853405_img_2605.jpg
    869853405_img_2605.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Mods

2.5" Johnson Rods, tint, 275/65(32") TSR's. And custom bumper with winch.

Attachments

• photo(21).JPG
    photo(21).JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 124

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had our 3 for a while now, but I'm just getting started, getting it prepped to face the trails here in Colorado. We just moved from Orlando Florida, in October of '11. One of the Top 5 reasons we moved out here was to have more opportunity to hit the trails and explore!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR community in the US is pretty good sized. It is not nearly as large as the UK or the rest of the world, nonetheless there are substantial numbers of local groups. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you a list of a few in your area. As for parts, and accessories, I like lucky8llc.com they have a pretty good collection of off road items. For me, I have kitted up with Traxide dual battery system, GNV rods, Tactical Rovers sliders, D44 Discrete winch mount, Warn XD9000, Safari Snorkel and so on. All but the Traxide and GNV supplied by Justin at Lucky8.

One of the largest groups out there I believe is in your area. solihullsociety.org/. They are also the host of the Land Rover national rally, an event most of us would surely love to attend.

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the challenge is also places to go. In the Eastern US, especially up here in the New England area, there are a lot of places off- limits due to environmentalist action. I think there are some clubs and groups that run organized trail runs but I don't hear very much from them on this site. There's a lot more "chatter" for LR owners on the West Coast in and the Southwest area.
It might a good addition to the forum offerings to list groups and trails around the US.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In New England try snhlr.org perhaps. It is a shame there are not more areas you can cruise up that way, I didn't find much when I was up there. Lots of mountains, everything restricted to death.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi