How crazy would it be...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread somewhere where a guy put an LS in but problem was the dash lights....lol was lit up like a Christmas tree. Could not figure them out so he said he was just going to live with it......not sure if I could lol.
It you had the Christmas Tree and the 3 or 4 still would run, that impresses me.

I guess that if none of the Land Rover computers are connected to the fuel go and stop systems, then I guess I could understand, but that would suggest that the antiskid programs and whatever else the LR engine computer controls is for the most part not connected to the fuel system etc.

I also presume the LS engine must have retained the Chev engine computer, so again that has its challenges.

I think our gas pedal is electronic, not mechanical, so that suggests a Chev gas pedal install as well, and it goes on.

It just seems to me that for the dash to remain quiet, one would have to move over all the LR3 electronic sensors and controls to the LS - possible I guess, but one would have to be pretty good with electronics.

When it was all over, I would not want to be lining up for some State emissions test.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It occurs to me that if one got something like the Ford Raptor pickup engine, the odds are at least the rear of the engine would fit the ZF tranny. It seems that the Ford automatics are license built ZF units.

I also expect that many of the sensors on the Ford engine will be the same shape / size as with the AJ6, and hence it may not be impossible to put the LR3 computer sensors on the Ford engine. It would still be a wiring mess but may be easier than trying to get a Chev engine to talk Ford.

Redinak

Reaction score

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks better than I thought it would be.

Probably one could have stayed with the LR air inlet and filter etc and it would even have looked more stock; also could do the snorkel thing then if one wanted.

At least the alternator is where you can get at it - that is a real improvement.

Am I seeing new dash instruments? I presume so, hence am I to assume the Land Rover computer is history. I ask as I then wonder about the anti- skid and that sort of stuff plus the LR sound system - does it all change to Chev?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72