How is your new D5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"grouchy assholes forums. ***"??? Ouch. You kiss your mother with that mouth? That one really stung. I'm not sure I'll ever recover.

PLOT TWIST: I secretly DO own a D5 and have just been pulling your leg this whole time!!! I can't believe you fell for it!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok one of you guys is going to have to be the first to stop this bickering. Please.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I normally try to stay out of most of the name calling posts as they tend to work themselves out. But I will say this, This is enough. Remember we are here to help each other and talk about rovers and be here to help newbies with questions or issues.

Bradpr

Reaction score
My apologies, Joey. This was definitely not how I intended to introduce myself. I look forward to learning from all the folks on this forum. Maybe Red can even share some of his knowledge with me after he forgives me for buying a D5.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holla!

View attachment 20171007_155751.jpg

View attachment 20171007_165544.jpg

Is it me, or is the radio volume button too far away to use when driving? I noticed that it is this way on the UK right hand drive models too, but it makes sense in that application.. Now, I have to lean forward to adjust the volume, and I'm constantly opening the climate control storage unit instead of starting the car..!

Bottom line: they need to switch these buttons/ knobs in the left hand drive models..

Mike

Last edited:

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for personnel attacks. FWIW I was lined up behind a D5 and a new Explorer. I wish people would quit comparing the D5 to the Explorer because it reality the Ford has better proportions and looks like the better design standing next to a D5. The bulbous rear end and that ridiculous offset licence plate does nothing for the D5. The rest looks ok for a jelly bean/egg shape SUV.

Its a tough call but if I was in the market for a jelly bean SUV I would say Audi Q7>Volvo XC90 > Ford Explorer Eco Boost > D5.

flyingdog

Reaction score
"How is your new D5”

Hello
I’m coming from a Diesel VW Touareg which Volkswagen bought back(nice car). I was needing a SUV with more room for my outdoor gear anyway(fishing and hunting). I looked around at the other SUV choices and the D5 fit the bill for me with all it’s features.
I've owned my D5 TD6 for a little less than two months. The original one I ordered came in missing the off road package, so the Dealership gave me a bit of a price break on another D5 with the Capacity option. This D5 has way more options than I originally ordered but I have to say I’m loving all the bells and whistles. Plenty of power, great diesel mileage and the ride is smooth and quiet. I'm very impressed with this vehicle so far. I’ll have to buy some off road wheels as the ones on it now are way too nice to do real off roading. I’ve taken it on a few fishing trips with my drift boat in tow and on some nice long road trips. I’m very pleased with the vehicle at this point in time.

GL

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad its working for you. I guess the diesel option is a consideration for shopping the D5.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut