How long for custom order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. If I didn't need any off-road ability or 7 real seats, I probably would have waited to at least test drive the Q7... assuming I could stand driving something with aerodynamics. :smile:

M

Matt_Grim2

I could never stand to own a Q7 doesn't have any ruggedness to it, just looks like every other SUV out there...

X

xcursion

Please post your thoughts on Q7 after your testdrives. Be interesting to hear opinions from people outside of the press.

P

PaulLR3

rheudabaga, congrats on tracking down an LR3. If we go with the LR3 our choice is a black/black HSE and there are at least 5 here on dealer lots in the Boston area. On AudiWorld I'm Paul3.2avant. I did have an '02 allroad that I loved but it was getting high in mileage and repairs. (oil leaks, air springs, etc.) I now have a 3.2 6MT A4 avant. I wanted to go with the S4 but with driving about 35K miles a year, I went for the slightly better gas mileage of the 3.2. You will love your S4, and I bet it does arrive on time.

R

rheudabaga

Matt_Grim2 said:
I could never stand to own a Q7 doesn't have any ruggedness to it, just looks like every other SUV out there...

That was my wife's take on it exactly...which I can't disagree with. The LR3 has a utilitarian sheen to it while the Q7 has more of a perforamance/sleekness. She prefers the former. I'm excited about it also!

N

neytas2000

rheudabaga said:
My wife really wants the Rimini Red HSE and there are currently none in the midwest. Initially our dealer suggested 6-8 weeks for a custom order (which sounded almost too fast to me). Now he says 90 to 120 days. Three months I can see, but six months!?!

Anyone here custom order an LR3? How long did it take and how well did Land Rover manage the process (i.e. updates, accurate estimates, etc...)?

Thanks.

There is a Rimini RED SE at a local Dealership here in Atlanta. Go to Landrovernorthpoint.com for detail. I saw it this morning

R

rheudabaga

PaulLR3 said:
You will love your S4, and I bet it does arrive on time.

My dad has the 3.2 and it is a great compromise if you put miles on the car. I, on the other hand, don't use my car for commuting. My '02 audi only has 29k on it!

I am excited about the S4, even though I had visions of grandeur with an RS4. It's just too much car for where I am in life (i.e. 2 small kids, getting our house in shape, etc...). So I 'settle' _ha_ for the S4...plus I get the Avant, which I prefer over the sedan.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak