1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So You Want an Auxiliary Fuel Tank for Your LR4...

Discussion in 'LR4' started by avslash, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Coffee

Coffee Active Member

avslash, Thanks for this wealth of information on a topic that I’m very interested in.

RE: The rear bumper.
    I thought that the TR rear bumper has built-in rock rails to protect the rear quarter panels. I suppose they offer both... I’m considering the Tactical Rovers rear bumper — why did you choose the model without the built-in rails?

2. avslash

avslash Full Access Member

Just figured one less thing hanging off the back. Didn't seem much different to me then just stepping up on the bumper if I need to access the roof.

Coffee likes this.
  3. Coffee

Coffee Active Member

Well I certainly appreciate the weight savings. The weight can add up quickly.

4. Paul M

Paul M Member

I have both the auxiliary fuel tank and the Kaymar installed on my 2013 LR4 from Long Range America (LRA). The tank is designed for diesel and will require some mods to the filler pipe so its not easy out of the box. It was additional $ to modify and install on top of the tank price. The Kaymar bumper has support brackets to the bumper wings and frame which are designed for the D4's round rear resonators in Oz but the NAS spec resonators are square so currently working with a fab shop to redesign the bracket; meanwhile the other option is to cutoff resonators or install LR3 resonators to accomodate the support brackets which keep the bumper from sagging under the swingout tire weight.

Kaymar.jpg

Kaymar bracket.jpg

avslash and Coffee like this.
  5. avslash

avslash Full Access Member

Glad to see someone has one up and running. I would bet there are still less than 10 in North America. Sounds like it might be easier to get the tank in hand now at least, without having to go to the trouble of importing it oneself.

Paul M likes this.
  6. Paul M

Paul M Member

The tank is adaptable but as you said, not for the faint of wallet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk