How many series owners do we have..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

KevinCostaRica

Costa Rica

Series III Deisel. Canvas top conversion, Parbolics... ongoing project.. Rover is a must down here!

L

LyleBrowning

I've got a Series IIA 88 hardtop recently inherited. Last drove a LR regularly in 1975 in the UK so am way down on the learning curve. However, learning the electrics system is the first order of business. Worked my way from the non-working horn to the non-working turn signals to the non-working headlights to the non-working reversing lights and am now ready to tackle the non-working windshield wiper. Then it will be ready to take off the antique plates and go for the regular.

R

rrodri

I have a serie II 1958 on hard to said condition but still wheeling...
Raul.

L

LyleBrowning

Series IIA owner in VA. All working parts apart from wipers currently taken apart looking for what causes no movement.

S

scubabob

Two '61 SWB Series II utes and a '64 SWB Series IIA hard top, although one SII just got put head first into a tree (60kph and foot went flat to the floor on the brake pedal, was either into a 6 lane highway at peak hour or a tree )

E

Espen

Espen

Hallo, I have 5 series LR
1,1962-88"2,3td peugeot
2,1965-109"-5Dore,petrol LR
3,1969-109"-3D,petrol LR
4,1975-109"-exmill,300 Mercedes D
5,1979-109"-5D,petrol LR

From Norway

V

Varan

W0ot!

Yo! Proud owner of an ex-military (Brit) Series 3 lightweight/airportable. Probably one of the last manufactured, a 1983 model, apparently quite a refined vehicle according to local land rover enthusiasts hereabouts. They point to the 'incredibly sophisticated' anti-burst locks on the doors and make sneering references to something called a 'defender'.
It's undergone some changes since it left the army. Someone has removed the oil cooler and underslung toolboxes. I have fitted a Fairey overdrive unit for additional screaming noises and a better quality of vibration. Also I stuck in a Crane Fireball electronic ignition system. It starts first flick of the key now.
What ever changes it has undergone in the last 22 years, it remains a classic military Land Rover, with the usual refinements such as seats and windows. I love it more than any car I have ever owned, seen, crashed or vandalised.

1972 SWB Seires III owner here in New Zealand. Previous owner of a 1958 88" Series 1.

First post! YAY!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72