how much is labor in an lr dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hey, i was wondering i much per hour do they charge at the land rover dealership

Just preparing myself for the inevitable.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the dealership. My local dealership is around $185 per hour.

An indy is closer to around $100 to $120 per hour.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer is currently $172.00/hr where my Indy is $113.00. Also keep in mind the Indy shops are usually a bit more forgiving of actual time, where the dealer typically starts the clock the moment someone even thinks about working on your vehicle and stops it once it is parked outside ready to go and the invoice is ready to be printed.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow i didn't expect that high of a price thanks guys i think I'll have to take out a second loan. LOL

If you're capable, do as much work as you can.

I replaced my control arms for $230 or so + an alignment which was free (weird story...)

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 6 or 7 JLR dealerships in our metro area (LA/OC/Riverside), and of them, our preferred dealership location, JLR Newport Beach, charges $215/hr for work.

Side Note: They do very thorough multi-point and pre-purchase inspections for free, are awesome people, and back up any performed work if there is a problem.

I do most everything myself, so we don't feel that price pain much, but there are some jobs I wouldn't personally want to deal with (fuel system, for example).
In that scenario we would either take it to our dealership or possibly our Indy. We have a really good relationship with our dealership though, so that would be our first preference.

SkyTree

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Labour is not cheap, especially dealership. The key is to do as much as you can yourself and find a reliable indy for the rest. For my LR4 the magic number is at $0.09/km in maintenance and repairs to keep it on the road. If you plan on driving 25000km/year that would about $2250* per year in upkeep. About $200/month and you should be safe. When asked I tell people they are great vehicles but they do require TLC and they have a drinking problem compounded with a taste for the expensive stuff.

*Canadian.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM