How to brighten up the hood logo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj_karl

Reaction score
Another +1 on using plastidip. You can also use a glossifier to make it shiny a bit.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced with new letters, as mentioned I used hair dryer, floss, some goo gone and a small knife to scratch off remaining residue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 28

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are faded as well on my 07. I just ordered a new set for $70 on ebay. They're $110 on BP Utah
Looks great (saw your pic above).

I looked on ebay and couldn't find the original ones (in dark gray). I'll keep my eye out unless you can point me to the place you got them.

Good to know it was an easy job.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emblem vs Decal?

The link below looks like what I purchased a few years back; what I call Chrome Plastic Emblem letters spelling LAND ROVER to replace the chipped grey letter emblems from the factory.

The chrome ones I received were identical in shape, contour, etc to the removed letters. I used dental floss and a heat gun to remove the existing letters but kind of left a bit of the sticky on as a guide for the replacement letter.

I removed and replaced one letter at a time, using some of the existing sticky as my guide, that and a couple of pieces of masking tape, one on the bottom or top and the other left or right side of the letter, whichever worked best.

At that time, the official LAND ROVER part number letters were running a couple of hundred dollars; it appears the price has now dropped but I would caution to make certain that one is ordering correctly. The DII's if I recall correctly did use a decal on the front for the LAND ROVER lettering; our 3's use what I call emblems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MR0053-Hood...ies&hash=item2335a57151&vxp=mtr#ht_905wt_1224

This may have been the guys I ordered from - the cost is about a hundred dollars vs forty for the other links and I see Genuine is running $140 from Miami British.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-...ies&hash=item27d6af996f&vxp=mtr#ht_2926wt_787

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-...s&hash=item232341879d&vxp=mtr#ht_38523wt_1042

It also appears shiny black emblems are now available as well on eBay; at least I think the letters are emblems and not decals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MR0054-Hood...essories&hash=item2335a56c73&vxp=mtr#ht_0wt_0

Last edited:

rewillia

Reaction score
I choose to remove the lettering and stripe mine, front to back; with black matte finish from edge of hood, over top and down to bottom of tailgate.,
image.jpg

Last edited:

rewillia

Reaction score
Another view, taken before addition of the stripe showing the British-Pacifica spare carrier,
image.jpg

Last edited:

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removal makes sense

The Land Rover letters are effectively hidden with the front bar so complete removal of the letters was a good idea particularily with the addition of the stripe.

The rear tire carrier looks good - a close up picture of it would be nice.

Thanks for the update.

rewillia

Reaction score
Can do, close-ups of the spare carrier when the vehicles arrives from the lower 48 later this month. Not sure but I don't think they (British Pacifica) still offers/sell it as it was an expensive accessory that I suspect they did'nt sell too many of, I.e. $1k, but it's robust, very we'll engineered and has never given me a problem. I've had it on the vehicle since '06.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4