How to "de-funk" damp carpets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had the sunroof leak and got that fixed. Have partially pulled up my carpets and used a combination of shop-vac, towels and fan to dry the carpet padding. However, carpet still has a musty smell. What works best to apply on the carpet padding to get rid of the odor?

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get it done by a pro. A professional detai shop should have some good cleaners and know how to get it clean and musty free.

If you want to do it yourself, try a baking soda based carpet cleaner that you pour onto the carpet and vacuum up.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Petsmart sells a product called simple solution it has ensymes that eat up odor causing bacteria. It works great on pet smells but I have also used it with success on musty smell. It has an unobtrusive smell too. Might be worth checking out.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another good product from the pet store is "Odor Mute", which is a powder that mixes with warm water. Soak the area, then put in some fans to dry it back out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99