how to make LR3 parking aid sounder/buzzer volume louder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwest looking skeptical.

awesome! and about right except more hair ;)

skepticism keeps the mind sharper into old age!

just backed in tonight and found the parking alarm so annoyingly loud. maybe we could trade !

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an 06 LR3 and the beeper is not that loud. May not have 100% of my hearing but I'm not Pete Townsend deaf either. Always wondered if I could make it louder, guess I can't.

z1234567890

Reaction score
I've got an 06 LR3 and the beeper is not that loud. May not have 100% of my hearing but I'm not Pete Townsend deaf either. Always wondered if I could make it louder, guess I can't.

Finally I have friend with same situation here :biggrin:

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you redid the wiring and brought sound closer to the driver's seat, it will be louder. Half the distance equals double the loudness. When you have a car full of kids, it's hard to hear the sounder.

z1234567890

Reaction score
If you redid the wiring and brought sound closer to the driver's seat, it will be louder. Half the distance equals double the loudness. When you have a car full of kids, it's hard to hear the sounder.

Yes, same idea as my wife has, might plan for it. Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the volume of the park assist is one of the many issues Land Rover corrected when they went from the LR3 to the LR4.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is it "corrected"? It's an entirely personal opinion, noting that the thread started with a desire for it to be louder.

I really like how the v8 lr4 drives but one could say the above item is one more thing LR screwed up with the LR4...
-like loosing the handy ledge for things in front of nav screen and less space in the lower center console for other items
-brakes that require even more nonsensical wheel/tire solutions
-less functional space in engine bay

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is it "corrected"? It's an entirely personal opinion, noting that the thread started with a desire for it to be louder.

It is corrected because on the LR4 you can adjust the volume of the parking aid using the radio volume knob. You can set the volume of the beep to match your personal preference. The range of volume adjustment is very loud to near silent.

I'll agree that they should have kept all the little storage areas on the dashboard. That was a step backward. We had 19" wheels on our LR3 so I already knew to get Coopers for the summer and Nokians for winter. For a backup battery I have one of those Antigravity chargers that fits under a rear seat.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is corrected because on the LR4 you can adjust the volume of the parking aid using the radio volume knob. You can set the volume of the beep to match your personal preference. The range of volume adjustment is very loud to near silent.

I'll agree that they should have kept all the little storage areas on the dashboard. That was a step backward. We had 19" wheels on our LR3 so I already knew to get Coopers for the summer and Nokians for winter. For a backup battery I have one of those Antigravity chargers that fits under a rear seat.

I see, yes, definitely better to have actual control and the wipers would be much better folding away like either of the other cars.

I sure wouldn't trust a little helper/starter for camping a week running my ARB fridge. I think there are LR4 folks who have figured out a true 2nd battery arrangement but I don't recall how or where it went. My 2nd has over 200 Ah of run time and 1150 cca.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I really like how the v8 lr4 drives but one could say the above item is one more thing LR screwed up with the LR4...
-like loosing the handy ledge for things in front of nav screen and less space in the lower center console for other items
-brakes that require even more nonsensical wheel/tire solutions
-less functional space in engine bay

Totally agreed. I like the LR4 a lot, but get really annoyed when things are changed for purely aesthetic reasons at the cost of functionality. The door cubbies are smaller, storage on the center stack is smaller, the 'sunglasses' ledge on the nav is gone, the rear storage cubbies are smaller - although that may be because this is a 7 seater vs. 5.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM