IID Tool Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3s1a

Reaction score
There's an alternative - JLR SDD (mongoose etc). Basically, it is a CAN-to-USB interface and Windows-based software. You can get it cheap from Ali.
Personally, I went with IID Tool because it is much more convenient.
You can take it anywhere and all you need is just a cell phone, while SDD requires a cable connection to a Windows PC

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Service indicator reset with IID tool

Select “Service/test”

Select “IPC-Instrument Pack”

Select “Service Interval Reset”

When asked to Proceed with this routine. Select yes.
Finally had a few minutes to get to this.
Thanks for the menu help. It has been quite a while since I first attempted this reset, but this looks familiar.
Anyway, new phone, so downloaded all new files.
It worked this time and the "Maintenance Required" message is now gone.

WatchStander

Reaction score
I just got my IID tool from Lucky8 - didn't want the free mousepad and their system wasn't showing free shipping, so I called and they fixed it all up and sent it on its way. Got here yesterday, but the LR4 is in the shop so didn't get a chance to have a play. Give them a call, they'll setup your order, send you a PDF of the purchase order, then you can pay them via paypal. Was a good experience for me.
Had a very similar experience...and I'm pretty sure mine arrived at my home the same day you got yours. I called and ordered from Sean..but also spoke with Eric. Good group, good experience. I'll buy from them again.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I worked with Sean. Definitely will look to buy from them in the future based on this experience.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you need it for short time use, I would recommend AUTEL MaxiAP AP200H OBD2 Scanner ENG/TRAN/SRS/ABS Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool

it is kind of subscription fee based, not economic if you want to keep for long

this is validated by powerfulukltd

WatchStander

Reaction score
if you need it for short time use, I would recommend AUTEL MaxiAP AP200H OBD2 Scanner ENG/TRAN/SRS/ABS Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool

it is kind of subscription fee based, not economic if you want to keep for long

this is validated by powerfulukltd
Interesting you mention that. I tried purchasing the Autel MaxiAP AP200 (not the "H" model) from my local AutoZone store three different times. Each time the order was cancelled due to non-availability. I finally learned from AutoZone that their distributor will not have that item available for sale again until January 2023.

The PowerfulUK video came out a short time after I decided to drop the AP200 and spring for the GAP IID Tool. I have the GAP tool now and have no regrets; actually, it's pretty amazing. Nothing negative about the AP200, it was simply not available to me when I needed it. BTW, I tried each of the US-based businesses Autel recommended but it was not available from any of them. I did not check any on-line sources out of concern over product authenticity. You can check out Autel's authorized dealer list here: https://www.autel.com/c/www/wheretobuy.jhtml

I think the Autel MaxiAP AP200 would have satisfied my requirements, but I was unable to find one even after nearly 3 weeks of looking. I should also mention that while I was doing my research, I contacted the Autel support/help desk several times. Each person I spoke to knew their product line and was able to answer each of my (many!) questions. I was actually disappointed at not being able to purchase the tool; but now that I have the GAP IID Tool, I'm happy to have it and I am still learning of its many capabilities. If you decide to the same...check out Lucky8 Off Road first. They are a US-based authorized dealer. You can find them here: https://lucky8llc.com

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is what I understand, GAP tool is developed with some sort of official support from LR, while AUTEL is a result mainly from reverse-engineering or "hacking".

why would you not try online source such as ebay?

WatchStander

Reaction score
here is what I understand, GAP tool is developed with some sort of official support from LR, while AUTEL is a result mainly from reverse-engineering or "hacking".

why would you not try online source such as ebay?
I felt a higher degree of confidence buying from an "authorized dealer" (i.e., returns, problems with the product, etc). I had also heard to be aware of counterfeit tools from unofficial vendors. Can't speak to the "reverse engineering or hacking" or that I've heard of anyone actually buying one that was counterfeit, but I also didn't want to be the first. ;) In any case, the GAP tool, though expensive, seems to satisfy my requirements for now...and very likely for the future. The AP200, though less pricey, was much more limited in its capabilities. I believe you were correct in your original assessment when you said "if you need it for short time use...". I'm looking to use it on a more frequent/rooutine basis.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA