im cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good ol upstate new york weather and my heater dosnt work. just wondering if the heater components from a d2 are interchangeable w a 96 d1?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
heater components are not interchangeable.... are you low on antifreeze?

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn. no antifreeze is full. 1.) it only puts out a small amout of air movement and the switch works only on setting 2 or sometimes 3. 2.) the air that actualy comes out isnt terribly warm. it barely keeps the front window from fogging up.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Switch is probably bad or just dirty/corroded.... if you not getting heat... I would still check to make sure that the antifreeze is full. Park with the front end up a hill, turn the heat on and let it warm up.... shut down and check level again.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how hard is the switch to get out and check?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
switch is a PITA.... :) I would look in the RAVE if you have it .

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be the switch as Joey mentioned or the resistor pack which regulates the fan speeds, either way it is a pain.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
i'm cold too

Widepud,does the engine get to normal operating temp?if it doesn't the thermostat could be stuck in the open position not allowing the coolant to get to operating temp.just a thought.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Widepud,does the engine get to normal operating temp?if it doesn't the thermostat could be stuck in the open position not allowing the coolant to get to operating temp.just a thought.

in winter no. it stays all the way down. i was kinda wondering about that. but the fan dosnt blow very hard so that may be an issue too, but no in winter it never moves from the coldest reading no matter how long its running

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
you found your answer then, even the coldest temps the engine should warm up unless the t-stat is stuck open.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak