I'm selling the Coiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, as many of you know, the economy sucks. I am forced to sell my all time favorite vehicle:

2005 LR3, 5 seater, 4.0L V6, 68,000 miles, expedition ready. $19,000 with everything included. Many unusual (but factory) configuration features. Exceedingly rare. This vehicle is one of a handful of coil sprung LR3’s imported into the USA. Click here for more info on its history (78kb PDF).

This truck is superbly comfortably as a daily driver (I average over 20,000 miles a year), however, this truck is also well equipped for serious off highway travel. Including a 2.5” suspension lift, air snorkel, hard mount on board air (Viair 400), off road driving lights, HID headlamp upgrade, full underbody skid plates (Rasta 4x4), full underbody rock sliders (Rover Specialties), black powder coated wheels, upgraded disk brakes, internal cargo barrier, roof access ladder, Hannibal expedition roof rack, upgraded jack, Cobra 75 WXST CB radio, custom CB antenna mount, custom iPod/iPhone charger/aux input, hardwired Magellan GPS unit, heavy duty cargo and floor mats, heavy duty internal tiedowns, dual underfloor storage compartments, dual concealed sidewall storage compartments, factory heavy duty washable seat material, heated windshield, heated seats (front and rear). Cooper Zeon LTZ 31.5” all terrain tires. I am also including a new Cooper tire mounted to a 5 spoke LR3 wheel, and a new Nitto Terra Grappler spare tire (unmounted), and FOUR additional Terra Grappler tires with about 50% tread remaining (6 tires total, plus what’s mounted to the truck). Many additional accessories and parts included.

This truck has all the normal LR3 traction control and advanced braking systems (DSC, HDC, ABS, SRS, TC, etc…), but it does not have Terrain Control integration. This vehicle is far simpler mechanically and electronically, with reduced ECU integration compared to the normal LR3. Many consider this unique and special LR3 to be ideal modern vehicle for remote off road destinations where extended durability, comfort, and capacity is essential.

It is our sincere hope that the next owner of this vehicle will enjoy it as much as my family has. This Land Rover has changed our lifestyle in countless positive ways, opened new worlds, and provided adventures and memories my family will cherish forever.

More photos available online: http://tinyurl.com/qsjq5l

For mutual protection, payment by wire transfer preferred.

617836336_uNa5b-XL.jpg

617914036_r6FHB-XL.jpg

617906895_vL2tZ-XL.jpg

617910771_tYQQv-XL.jpg

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Say it ain't so, Nathan! I know this is just a temporary setback and you will be back inside a Land Rover in no time. You never looked quite right in a Jeep to me... Sorry to see your baby go, good luck with the sale and I hope you find her a good home nearby.

Man, this sucks.

Cooper Zeon LTZ 3.15” all terrain tires.
Those could use a bump in size, I find anything under 4" really ******* the suspensions.

Trynian

Reaction score
Sorry to see you have to sell your favorite, business is getting pretty slow for me also. Sign of the times in the Real Estate development and construction world right now.

It was your exploits that helped inspire me to start wheeling my LR3 when my stock tires wore out and I went looking for replacement options and found your website.

Thanks for all the great LR3 shots.

Scott

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan,

It hurts to see your white truck on sale. Having shared several trails with you and your family, I know the influence you have had on many LR3 owners for the past 4 years. Those of you looking at this truck should know that Nathan has taken great care of it, and it is a unique vehicle. I have driven it as well, and it handles and performs great, the v6 is very peppy and capable.

For those considering the truck, with all of the accessories, this truck is ready to handle nearly anything you can throw at it. I will miss seeing Nathan on the trail in the LR3, but we will stll share some trails together. :beer:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most sobering events to indicate the poor economy, between all the job loss and now this... its a sad, sad world.

I'm one of the many influenced and helped by NWoods contributions here, and other sites.

It is truly a unique rig, Good luck with the sale :biggrin:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your decision to sell this. I know there are a lot of people out there that have greatly benefited from your purchase and development of this truck.
Take care

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr. Woods, I am sorry to read of your future loss. I don't think I did any of my mods
without taking your advice into consideration. Thanks for all the tips and info you have
provided over the past four years. Hope you stick around the board for a while. Your
advice is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd that. ALSO, your photography is truly outstanding. I hope you can find a why to profit from this skill. Best of luck and please come back to the LR3 (or LR4) club soon.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips and info you have
provided over the past four years. Hope you stick around the board for a while. Your advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks DuckDive. I was sitting in the passenger seat of my truck this afternoon, giving a test drive to an FJ Cruiser owner, just gushing about all the features and coolness of the LR3, and showing the person photos from my iPhone, and it just solidified how much I love this truck. I can't imagine being without one for long, and sincerely hope to rejoin the ranks as soon as I can. As for advice, I consider it more as encouragement. I love to encourage others to use these vehicles to explore and broaden their personal horizons. Being an LR3 owner has been a tremendous joy in my life.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with all sentiment, but nobody asked what Nathan will be keeping in place of the LR3?

Maybe we can persuade him to sell the minivan or whatever he is keeping instead. :) Peer pressure is a wonderful thing...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM