I'm selling the Coiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, the only vehicle I actually own is the LR3. My wife has an Armada as a company car, and she has a Jeep also, under a separate arrangement.

I will be replacing the LR3 with an econobox of some sort. My sole purpose and need is to save my monthly expenditures to compensate for a loss of income, so that payment for things like food and mortgage remain possible.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, the only vehicle I actually own is the LR3. My wife has an Armada as a company car, and she has a Jeep also, under a separate arrangement.

I will be replacing the LR3 with an econobox of some sort. My sole purpose and need is to save my monthly expenditures to compensate for a loss of income, so that payment for things like food and mortgage remain possible.
Well, if the savings is a car payment, yup, I don't see another option for you.
If is is a fuel savings...ever considered converting the LR3 to vegetable oil burner? LOL As if the rover's sensitive electronics could handle the stress of adjusting to fry oil. Be a fun experiment though!

Well, it sounds like your wife's Jeep will be getting some offroad upgrade attention whether you guys own it or not! All this 4WD enthusiasm has to go somewhere...

...best of luck to you. Hopefully the loss of income works itself out before you find a buyer.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife's Jeep is a beauty and pretty built up already... Didn't you guys just take her up the Rubicon, Nathan?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife's Jeep is a beauty and pretty built up already... Didn't you guys just take her up the Rubicon, Nathan?

Indeed. The Jeep is fun and phenomenally capable, but no where near as versatile as the LR3. We just did a trip to Monache Meadows in the Armada, which is rated "4x4 Jeep Trail, Moderate" by the national forest service, and it did okay... but we had to tip toe through with great care and at very slow speed. The LR3 would have just breezed through.

In addition to being a tailor made and superbly comfortable daily driver, one of the things I will miss most of the LR3 is it's wonderful performance on long distance overland style trips with the family. The Armada is just not robust enough, and the Jeep simply isn't very comfortable. The LR3 is amazing at long distance off road trips, like the Mojave Road or Bradshaw Trail

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be replacing the LR3 with an econobox of some sort.

Congrats Nathan!

191482770_eCrHB-L.jpg

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bloody likely! No way do I want to look like this:

smartcar1.jpg

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy moly! I can't believe how much damage there is...... to the front of that truck.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why friends don't let friends drive toy cars ...

I had a similar experience when a Ford Escape rear ended my LR3 a while ago. Cost me a new rear bumper but the Escape needed a complete new front end.

Hanzo

Reaction score
If you are looking for an Econo car I recomend the Honda Fit, I have an 09 and love it...plus you can do this:

Fit.jpg

Im gettin 37.1 MPG, and its pretty fun to drive...I do like my LR3 on trips though....:proud:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could afford a 2009 model anything, I would not be selling the LR3!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635