Initial Impressions - 2015 LR4 HSE LUX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have front and rear plates, but I always tell a dealer not to put any dealer stickers or badges on the back either. They make the back look cluttered and they certainly aren't paying me to drive around advertising their dealer name.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to purchase a car here in SoCal where the front license plate holder has not already been screwed on the front bumper - well before the car is even driven on the dealer's lot... It's the law here, so hard to argue with the dealer to begin with. I am used to it and it doesn't bother me one bit. Perhaps if I was buying a sports car it would. The dealer's advertising frame goes in the trash right away, though.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've driven without a front plate for 15+ years, probably 10 different cars, with no issues here in California. But yes, technically ticketable. A ticket I'd be willing to pay. Especially with my Tesla which relies heavily on aerodynamics and has front sensors in the nose cone. I've never had a dealer insist on mounting it. Tesla actually never mounts it unless the owner requests it.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have front and rear plates, but I always tell a dealer not to put any dealer stickers or badges on the back either. They make the back look cluttered and they certainly aren't paying me to drive around advertising their dealer name.

+1. My SOP as well.

Derman

Reaction score
Needless to say, there is no dealer propaganda or plate frames on our LR4.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In San Francisco, LA, and Sacramento, at least - they give fix it tickets for no front plate. Especially in SF. Not significant, but a hassle. Also, FasTrak likes front plates and the Mex/California border agents utilize no front plate as a good reason to send you to secondary inspection.

Most importantly, it's my SO's rig and she wanted a front plate on.

To me it shows a 100% lack of sensibility on their part. Even for the simple reason that you may want it located specifically or by some other means than drilling permanent holes into your car.

Completely lame, no excuses. I'd have insisted on new bumper honestly.

You paid for a product that is advertised without holes in it. You did not receive said product. It's no different than if they took it upon themselves to do any other crap like interior or exterior "treatments". It's truly unacceptable to do anything to a vehicle beyond the factory delivery without asking.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our new dealer is from NM, where no front plate is used. He allowed they would never mount it unless requested. Nevertheless, i asked and then reminded the sales mgr. as soon as the vehicle arrived but before dealer prep to try to head off this event. Lucky me, it worked.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! I hadn't paid any attention to the dealer frame. But now that you pointed it out it will be coming off when I get home.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In San Francisco, LA, and Sacramento, at least - they give fix it tickets for no front plate. Especially in SF. Not significant, but a hassle. Also, FasTrak likes front plates and the Mex/California border agents utilize no front plate as a good reason to send you to secondary inspection.

Most importantly, it's my SO's rig and she wanted a front plate on.
I almost got a fix it ticket for not having my front license plate on after I installed my ARB front bumper with winch. Luckily, the cop knew me and just told me to install it before I get the ticket. This was in the SF bay area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV