Interior Smell - 2011 Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideshow76

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2011 Range Rover with a bit of a rough interior. Interior isn't dirty, but seats have lots of cracks and headliner is beginning to separate in places. There seems to be a very strong musty chemical smell that stays on you even hours after driving the vehicle. It's definately noticeable when driving the car, but the real issue is not being able to get the smell out of your nose for hours (even days) afterward. My thoughts are that it may be the decaying headliner foam glue, would that cause a smell? Has anyone else experienced this lasting smell? How do I remedy the smell? Would an ozone machine work?

P.S. - I don't see anywhere in the vehicle that would have had a chemical spill or something of that nature.

Thanks,
Sideshow76

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you changed the cabin filter? I would start there, then I would Febreze the Rover several days in a row and hope it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV