Interior Trim Peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SargeS7

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a 2012 LR4 and have been slowly making repairs and updating maintenance. I noticed that the glove box release has started peeling and needs to be recovered/painted. Just curious how other members may have addressed this issue?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-2394.jpg
    IMG-2394.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 47

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom part of my center console handle is doing that. I haven't fixed it since it isn't visible with it shut, but that sucks...

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a 2012 LR4 and have been slowly making repairs and updating maintenance. I noticed that the glove box release has started peeling and needs to be recovered/painted. Just curious how other members may have addressed this issue?

Thanks!
I just peeled off the aluminum cover. I was going to wrap it with vinyl wrap, but got too lazy and left it bare.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom part of my center console handle is doing that. I haven't fixed it since it isn't visible with it shut, but that sucks...

Mine is doing exactly the same. My parts guy at the dealer said the handle isn't really sold separately but the entire lid is replaced (for ridiculous $$). Anyone know if you start tearing into the lid, is the handle removable? Hoping I could remove it and paint it.

To be honest, with this being my first experience with an LR, and knowing the general public sort of views these vehicles as "up-scale", I'm somewhat surprised by some of the cheap/plasticky feeling of certain interior parts. Seats, leathers etc are all in great shape on my 82k truck. But the black coating on the NAV screen bezel, and the coatings on the headrest screens for the second row were all peeling when I bought the truck. Had to tear crap apart to get them all off and repaint them. The infamous sticky rubber AC knobs and vent directors. The whole glove box assembly feels cheap and plasticky, and the gear shift mechanism feels incredibly fragile and cheap. Still love the vehicle but was surprised by that. My wife's XC90 feels much more solidly put together interior wise.

Last edited:

SargeS7

Reaction score
I appreciate the responses. I may order something from these folks in Aluminum(Brushed Silver) and see how it turns out:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72