Interior Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexQ_VA

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2012 LR4 and was wondering if anyone knew of a good site to get replacement interior trim. The summer heat wasn’t too friendly to the poly on the wood trim and it cracked and pulled away from the wood. Any advice would be great.

Attachments

• 3F73E77A-BCAB-436F-908E-33034C839EFF.jpeg
    3F73E77A-BCAB-436F-908E-33034C839EFF.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 64

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d sand it down and reapply the poly, especially if the wood is in good condition.

The Land Rover ones are rather expensive.

The Chinese aftermarket ones are very poor quality. Went down that route with my piano black.

You can keep an eye out eBay though, there’s some that crop up.

Mart

Reaction score
Agree with Stuart. If there is room in the cracks to put some Super glue before sanding that would help. Halfords (UK) sell rattle cans of clear lacquer that are ideal for this job.

OldJoe

Reaction score
I agree with those that say to refinish it yourself. If you're in an area with large temperature swings and higher humidity, I'd go with a spar varnish. Still a nice finish and it's flexible. Its used on boats.

AlexQ_VA

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Do y’all happen to know if that piece in front of the nav screen just pops out or if you have to take the dash board apart? Or is it best just to do it in place? Thanks again.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just pops off. It’s secured by s couple of clips. Get a trim tool underneath at the front and lift. There’s a clip on the left and right hand side I think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut