Intro! Firenze in HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked out a local OHV area today just to get the feel for the truck and play in the dirt. No surprises and the trails were very mild. But hey she looks good out in the wild!
86D38698-182A-4092-9EAB-EC40D2679FCC.jpeg
D1F1DCDF-DFB4-4970-9DC9-F17C44EA28DF.jpeg

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, is that Knoxville?
Hey, that's actually up at Prosser OHV near Truckee. Mainly a dirt bike place but there's an enjoyable 4x4 track too I was exploring. Haven't been back up to Knoxville since all the fires came through up there. Curious if there's anything left up there.

PoorLifeDecisions

Reaction score
Ahhh, that's why it looks so nice. I just assumed it was Knoxville based on your proximity. I've not been there, but it looked pretty barren from what I've seen even before the fires.

Say, you think Prosser can be done on OE tires?

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Knoxville is a wasteland under normal conditions. Scrubby chaparral and hotttt. I don’t see why the main Prosser Jeep track couldn’t be cruiser on oe tires in decent condition. The rocky sections are dry but some areas do look a little jagged.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all like the Lr rubberized mats in the back but I’ve also really liked the Canvasback gear. Just did this “install” to help protect my cargo area. My boys are in their camo phase so, naturally woodland camo for us. I like this setup because they will do cutouts for the d-rings and maintain full functionality of the 7-seater.
17F87326-0D2C-4CDA-8074-E3F666FE0AFD.jpeg

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty nice. Heck, I'd be happier with a rubber mat that actually had enough give/stickiness to it that cargo didn't slide around on it. I think the one I have is just vinyl with ridges.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty nice. Heck, I'd be happier with a rubber mat that actually had enough give/stickiness to it that cargo didn't slide around on it. I think the one I have is just vinyl with ridges.
I think LR made both a hard plastic aka slippery tray and also the rubber mat like the footwell liners and those rubber ones are pretty non-slip.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a little adventure today to the far reaches of Napa County that few locals and even fewer tourists ever see. Beyond the tasting rooms, and past the last vineyards carved into the hillsides, we still have very wild country. Knoxville-Berryessa. No man’s land, post-apocalyptic landscape, wasteland. Or place of solitude, isolation, and peaceful. You can judge.

My ultimate destination was Hunting Creek Camp within the Knoxville OHV area. I’d sampled some of the terrain years ago, before the fires ravaged our county, on a Multistarada. I’d not been back since, afraid of what I might find, afraid of having memories of evacuating the 2017 firestorms resurface from passing by the still-blackened landscape, passing guardrails laying on the road surface, their wooden support posts having burnt out from behind them.

It took longer to reach the OHV area as I was taking it slow. I’ve been to a few BLM lands over the years. Unfortunately it’s always the same story. The human stain on these wild lands we are lucky to have access to is remarkable and sad. The lack of care, the failure to comprehend “leave no trace”, the blatant disrespect for these public areas. I sat alone in the small flat dusty area that passes as a campground, tucked in beside the creek. All manner of human waste on display. Plastics, food, ammo casings, waste in fire pits, trash in and beside the creek. I just kept coming back to one question: Why?

1149505E-23DA-4872-BAED-DB727BC02E96.jpeg

CD85B30F-1832-444E-A797-AF7792F2546F.jpeg

9C6DE561-8A9B-4F9D-9E85-9C1F0167A057.jpeg

A07C148F-6254-46FA-87F8-97015522CE44.jpeg
C8FE4B2A-1A08-405B-BBD5-5CC4D2EA51A3.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV