Intro! Firenze in HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And done! Here’s a nice before and after. I have additional adjustments to make to close the gaps to the arches and headlight but overall quite happy with the entire package.
71B40B0A-36FE-4D3F-A199-07A9C2715FFC.jpeg
BEA59AF5-B824-452A-985D-29071FFDB147.jpeg

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knocked out the always popular accessory power mod. 5 minute job! Super exciting picture of the jumper wire included
CD923651-E278-4DA3-A0EB-A5471D90A10C.jpeg

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the morning working on adding a switch pod. This one adjusts brightness of the backlight and has an auto memory function which will remember which lights you last used. Simple one-touch on/off of last used. Haven’t tested it but looked slick. Anyways, relied on awesome info here to find the hidden firewall grommet.
As has been posted many times, you have to remove the main harness bracket and snip the zip ties. Then it will come out and give enough room.
I actually put a point on a coat hanger and it went through pretty easily. Though the mistake I made was not first cutting out the interior foam to expose the inside face of the grommet.
Once you observe where it is on engine side, go back under your dash and cut out a chunk and you’ll likely hit it.
After that, it was all just tedious wiring work. Here’s how I’m doing mine. Yeah, I drilled the dash. I pulled the headlight trim piece off which was…exciting but it did come off after a weird lot strong amount of force.
Now I need a few more pieces to get the spots firing. Another trip to FLAPS and I’ll be done with it.

77140367-4CE2-49EF-8EF3-159D9437B67E.jpeg

8EC87A51-F44A-4B9B-B6D0-B570C8070B90.jpeg

011771EF-5B6B-454C-99AD-616C9F558F22.jpeg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 95 Discovery. Bought it in 98 with around 20k miles on it. Had those same wheels and tires, but mine was a dark Green. I think Conniston Green.

Loved it, but it certainly fell dead within the perception of poor Land Rover reliability. Absolutely nothing like my LR4. I was fresh out of college and overbought, without the funds to keep up with repairs. Sold it about 1.5 years later.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure. According to my dad we sold our Disco shortly after the exhaust manifold rattled loose!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lived in a town without a Land Rover dealer. I remember one day going out after work and it wouldn't start. These were the days before online forums, so I had to call the closest Land Rover dealer service department in Kansas City, and they talked me through using a paper clip to hotwire some electrical component on the left side of the driver's footwell. (IIRC, it was a brake switch that would let the car start when it's in drive.) Then I had to wait for a part to come in the mail. While I waited, the brake lights were on constantly every time I'd drive.

Dash curled up. Cruise just up and stopped working. I think the A/C quit. And a few other things.

It was enough to make me drive Land Cruisers for the next 10 years.

Still, I loved the car. Exterior and interior. I still remember the way the leather smelled.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Nice! I am looking for a Firenza Red with any version of the Tan interior.
But the wife insists on driving it before we purchase, and that is turning out to be painful as there just haven't been any in the Houston area...

Did you actually drive it before you purchased it?
If not, how did you do a good evaluation of mechanical condition?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA