Introduction - Thinking of Coming Back to LR Fold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwyoung

Reaction score
After many years without a Land Rover, my last being a Discovery II that was super reliable after I addressed the 3 Amigos issue, I'm considering moving away from my Toyota Sequoia to a Discovery 4 / LR4 with HD Package or perhaps a RR Sport with diesel and 3rd row (and off road package). I'm eager to learn from the forum about what to look for, what years / features to avoid, and perhaps connect with motivated sellers too.

I loved my Disco, and count it as one of the finest vehicles I've ever owned. The D4 seems like an ideal platform for exploring the back roads of the US West, and brining along my family. There aren't too many options with this seating capacity and capability.

Thanks all!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. For a family I would recommend the LR4. Similar to the D2 it would be an excellent family vehicle and capable off road. I currently have a RRS, it if they put a 3rd row seat in the back I hope them made the whole vehicle bigger. I can't even fold down the rear seats without having to move the driver a passenger seat forward and keep them there. I like the RRS other than that. As far as years to avoid, I would read each category and ask. As far as in depth RR info I would like at https://www.rangerovers.net/ I love it here, but they are dedicated to just the RR's there and yes I am over there as well, but just your average user.

mwyoung

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on the Sport. They’ve definitely offered a 3rd row, and it looks dismal from the video I watched. You’re j out helps make the decision.

If Lr had offered the LR4 in North America with the Td6 it would be the perfect rig.

RyanRR

Reaction score
I also recently came back to the LR family after 1.5 years away (sold my 07 RRS supercharged and went to Alfa Romeo), and now I'm back in an LR4 with the HD package.

Absolutely love this truck, I want to keep it for many years. Plenty of room for our 130lb dog, car seats, and enough room to pack enough stuff for a weekend away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi