iPad - why won't it work thru 2010 LR4 ipod connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2010 LR4 works great with our iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S... but our iPad 2 won't play music thru the LR-supplied cable, ie no control over the ipad on the touchscreen, etc. That said, it will charge.

(we can of course use aux input to play music)

Been reading apple forums and I can't seem to figure out why. For example, a stereo we have at home has an ipod cable similar to the LR cable and BOTH the ipad and iphone work through it and display track info / etc on the receiver.

Anyone know if this is deliberately blocked on the rovers ? Or have any good reading on the subject? I'd love to understand more.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the problem could be. I have an iPad 2 and it DOES play when connected via the LR supplied cable. Mine is a 2011 though. I wouldn't think this would make a difference. But I can control it through the touch screen just like an iPod or iPhone. Good luck with that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Have you contacted the dealership?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99