iPhone IOS 5 WARNING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Performed an upgrade on my iPhone last night and now it's no longer happy with my 2011 LR4 HSE. Truck display simply reads "device error".

Bluetooth is still functional as is the call log.

Planning on calling the dealership Tomorrow but I'm not all that hopeful that they'll have a solution.

I'll post any info I get.

Thanks!

Marty

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I did before I ever got my 2011 LR4. I too have an iPhone 4 and I decided that instead of hooking it up to my car for the iPod feature every time I got in, I would just buy a used iPod Nano online for like $100 and keep it permanently hooked up. All I listen too is my iPod and my iPhone and its updates never screw up my radio bc it is never hooked up to the car. It also never seems to interfere with my Bluetooth either.

Just a thought :)

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I did before I ever got my 2011 LR4. I too have an iPhone 4 and I decided that instead of hooking it up to my car for the iPod feature every time I got in, I would just buy a used iPod Nano online for like $100 and keep it permanently hooked up. All I listen too is my iPod and my iPhone and its updates never screw up my radio bc it is never hooked up to the car. It also never seems to interfere with my Bluetooth either.

Good one UGAgirl. I think I'll do that.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the iPhone 3GS and just bought the 4GS. I had problems with my phone and the LR bluetooth with my 2008 LR3 and 2010 LR4 from the get go. My iPod 4th generation touch works great with the LR4, no complaints. Go figure? But let me ask you, how's the bluetooth working with the new iPhone 4GS? My LR works like crap with the 3GS, and my old LR3 was not any better.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues what so ever with my 3GS. About to get an iPhone 4. I hope it will work!

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same here. There's a Nano that lives permanently in our LR4, and an old hard drive model that lives in my Acura.

I have the Nano in the LR4 stuck to the underside of the console lid with velcro. That keeps it and the cable totally out of the way when you open and close the console.

My wife and I both have iPhones, but only use them in the car & truck as phones.

Rebel17

Reaction score
The bluetooth on my 4S works great. I never used it on my 3G due to heavy static. It's clear as a bell with the new phone.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues what so ever with my 3GS. About to get an iPhone 4. I hope it will work!

My iPhone 4 bluetooth works perfectly in my LR4! I love this feature!! I just love this dang truck...I know I keep repeating myself, but I adore my car!!:smile:

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Nano in the LR4 stuck to the underside of the console lid with velcro. That keeps it and the cable totally out of the way when you open and close the console.

rainm.... After I read about you velcro-ing your Nano to the underside of your console, I did that as well and I love it!! Now the ipod and cord dont get in my way when I open the console or try to close it. Just another great idea I learned from this forum!

Thanks rainm!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9