iPhone IOS 5 WARNING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks baobay. One more question -- does it only work with the LR4 iPod cable? or will it work with the USB/iPhone cable that came with the iPhone and using the USB slot? I think my LR4 iPod cable may be going bad, so I'm hoping I don't have to buy another one.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks baobay. One more question -- does it only work with the LR4 iPod cable? or will it work with the USB/iPhone cable that came with the iPhone and using the USB slot? I think my LR4 iPod cable may be going bad, so I'm hoping I don't have to buy another one.

I'll try it today and will let you know.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Anystream does not work with the iPhone USB cable. It will only work wi the iPod cable from LR.

skippy

Reaction score
That is by far the one thing i have been looking for forever!!!!! just ordered one but

I have a different issue, Im having to pair my device every single time i get in the car, whether its my 4s, wifes 4 or daughters 4 i don't get it. Everytime i want bluetooth i have to re input my pairing code. Not really sure what the deal with it is

2010 LR4. I have had this issue since i replaced my iphone 3gs. I must pair my phone OR shut it down then restart it. With the iphone 3 there were no issues automatically connecting. Since i got the iphone 4 i have had other problems that my dealer said are related to the iphone. It is really irritating that this car has these problems while my wifes Prius connects always. My dealer said that this has been a common problem with iphones and even suggested i change phones. Quote " mosty people get phones tpo match their cars".
My other complaint is the satelite radio. My kids 2006 Honda has better reception. It has a delay that maintains the signal when going under an overpass. SASurely after 4 years LR could have copied this technology.
I love driving the car but the mobile phone issue really irritates me. This is not a cheap vehicle but sure has primitive electronics.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re bluetooth pairing. I updated my 3GS iPhone to iOS 5.0.1 -- which made the Pandora work much better. But I have had to re-pair the bluetooth occasionally. Not every time though. I believe only when I've reset my phone (turned it off/on completely), or if I let the battery run down (which happens more often with iOS 5.0.1 as there seems to be a battery drain issue).

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about you guys, but since updating to iOS 5.0.1, my iPhone 4 plays Pandora perfectly via the iPod cable.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't play Pandora under IOS 5.0 ... need to try 5.0.1 ... I have the Anystream device and it appears to work well. I only stream audio (Pandora, Slacker and IHeartRadio). Next track function on steering wheel control doesn't seem to work over BT for me for Pandora or Slacker. I do not keep MP3s on the iPhone so not sure if it works under that condition.

I had wanted to share the Anystream with my 7-series but it didn't work at all with the BMW's iPod cable ... its going back in a year so I guess I'll have to live with the 3.5mm input until then.

Unit works well (other than track control) with LR4 .. think I'll cancel Sirius when my year is up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9