iPhone IOS 5 WARNING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MottMcfly, did you get your phone working?

My 4S works fine (even though I keep a 160GB Classic in my LR4 for day to day use), and I just tested my wife's 4. It also works without issue.

It's a pain in the hindquarters, but you may want to try restoring your phone to its original configuration, upgrading to iOS5, then loading your apps back again (don't just restore from backups).

I currently have the original 4 with IOS 5 installed. Here is the weird thing, it worked today. Froze after about 20 songs but it did work. I have no explanation for this. No upgrade to either the truck firmware or device were performed.

I'm in the middle of a port from AT&T to Verizon and will be changing to the 4S. We'll see what happens then.

I'm completely happy to put an old school iPod in and use the phone separately if the 4S is as problematic.

Marty

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I have recently switched from the AT&T 4 to the Verizon 4S. Seems to work with no issues.

Thanks,

Marty

AdamHLG

Reaction score
For those of you on this thread or future readers....

I just took delivery of my new 2012 Range Rover. Same iPod cable. Same "Device Error" for my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1. But guess what? I DONT CARE!

WHY don't I care? Because I found this on the internet and ordered it:

http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

It is called the AnyStream. You plug it into the iPod cable and it creates an instant Bluetooth connection to the iPhone. Because this gadget connects to the cable at the lowest level of 'trust', i.e., the cable sees it as an 'ipod' instead of an 'iphone' which is how the cable was designed, there is no device error (mine just arrived today).

Better yet, I can stream not only iTunes but also Spotify, Pandora, whatever. Once installed you pair your iPhone to it (pairing code is 0000) and it reconnects each time you enter the car and you can just play music wirelessly. It is AWESOME.

At least on my car / phone combo, the steering wheel and console controls on the car will not forward/back to the next song or display the song info on the lcd screen, no track lists, etc. But WDF cares because just control it all by the phone wirelessly which is better anyway. Strangely however fast forwarding or rewinding itunes songs by pressing and holding the steering wheel controls does work - but not for next track, previous track etc.

Bottom line is that THIS is the solution. No more cables and no more device errors. Incidently my wife's iPhone 4 (not 4S) with iOS 5 actually did work without the error. But Spotify and Pandora did not stream through the cable. So regardless of device error or not this is the BEST solution to use this cable in my opinion.

Just letting ya'll know about it. Cheers!

Adam

AdamHLG

Reaction score
I also want to add it does NOT interfere with the iPhone bluetooth functionality for phone calls.

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is by far the one thing i have been looking for forever!!!!! just ordered one but

I have a different issue, Im having to pair my device every single time i get in the car, whether its my 4s, wifes 4 or daughters 4 i don't get it. Everytime i want bluetooth i have to re input my pairing code. Not really sure what the deal with it is

AdamHLG

Reaction score
Yeah that's wierd. Does not happen to me. But you are pairing now with this gadget and not the car so maybe your luck will change!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just took delivery of my new 2012 Range Rover. Same iPod cable. Same "Device Error" for my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1. But guess what? I DONT CARE!

It is called the AnyStream. You plug it into the iPod cable and it creates an instant Bluetooth connection to the iPhone. Because this gadget connects to the cable at the lowest level of 'trust', i.e., the cable sees it as an 'ipod' instead of an 'iphone' which is how the cable was designed, there is no device error (mine just arrived today).

Better yet, I can stream not only iTunes but also Spotify, Pandora, whatever. Once installed you pair your iPhone to it (pairing code is 0000) and it reconnects each time you enter the car and you can just play music wirelessly. It is AWESOME.

At least on my car / phone combo, the steering wheel and console controls on the car will not forward/back to the next song or display the song info on the lcd screen, no track lists, etc. But WDF cares because just control it all by the phone wirelessly which is better anyway. Strangely however fast forwarding or rewinding itunes songs by pressing and holding the steering wheel controls does work - but not for next track, previous track etc.

Bottom line is that THIS is the solution. No more cables and no more device errors. Incidently my wife's iPhone 4 (not 4S) with iOS 5 actually did work without the error. But Spotify and Pandora did not stream through the cable. So regardless of device error or not this is the BEST solution to use this cable in my opinion.

Adam
Thanks a lot Adam,
Just ordered one. Seems like it is just what I have been looking for for quite a long time.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Adam

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Bluetooth audio quality can't be as good as direct cabling. But I'm a little fussy about audio.

How does it sound?

AdamHLG

Reaction score
I cannot tell any difference. So far this is working perfectly for me.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Bluetooth audio quality can't be as good as direct cabling. But I'm a little fussy about audio.

How does it sound?

I have blue tooth audio in my other vehicle and it sounds great. I am talking about built in OEM bluetooh audio. I don't know if there will be a difference with this device. I'll report when I get it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9