iPhone IOS 5 WARNING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much Adam - I just ordered one too! :) This reminds me of the ordering frenzy last year on a post about replacing the cigarette lighter with an LED flashlight :) Love that still!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was that necessary? What flashlight? I need one lol.
Hi Adam,

It's an LED flashlight that fits nicely into the charger where there is a current cigarette lighter cap. I took the cap off and replaced it with this flashlight:

http://www.amazon.com/Travelon-12v-...DK/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1321154082&sr=8-11

It looks awesome with the silver and fits there perfect. I have even used it a few times. Lots of people on the forum have done this replacement. You gotta get one! :)

As for other modifications, many of us without the vision assist package have replaced our headlights with HID kits and they look AWESOME! If you are interested in this, take a look at that discussion group or ask me and I can guide you on how to do it. It's cheap (about $50.00) and looks AWESOME! :)

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no issues with pairing and using my 4S with IOS 5.1. Actually works much better than my 3GS. no error messages. Love using SIRI through blue tooth.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the Anystream from cartronics. Love it. Now I have streaming blue tooth audio. No need to connect my phone anymore and no need for an additional iPod. I highly recommend this device.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the Anystream from cartronics. Love it. Now I have streaming blue tooth audio. No need to connect my phone anymore and no need for an additional iPod. I highly recommend this device.

I'm thinking about going this route as well. But I'm not sure I understand completely how it works. Is it just streaming via bluetooth from the iPhone? Meaning you have to control everything (song selection, playlists, etc) from the phone itself and not via the car's LCD screen -- correct?

Also how big is that adapter and what do you connect it to in the LR4? Can you post a picture of it connected to the car?

Thanks in advance!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going this route as well. But I'm not sure I understand completely how it works. Is it just streaming via bluetooth from the iPhone? Meaning you have to control everything (song selection, playlists, etc) from the phone itself and not via the car's LCD screen -- correct?

Also how big is that adapter and what do you connect it to in the LR4? Can you post a picture of it connected to the car?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. You control everything from the I phone. It connects to the LR4 iPod cable. It would be great if you could control everything from the nav screen, but that is not the case. Doesn't bother me at all. Pandora streaming is flawless and sound quality is no different than when connected via the cable. With SIRI now I rarely use the LR4 anymore. I just tell the phone what I want. I will post pics tomorrow. Again, I highly recommend this.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are a couple of photos I took this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members