iPhone IOS 5 WARNING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IOS 5 does not work at all, I get a Device Error with any I-phone running IOS5. I-phone 3gs iphone4 and I-phone 4s. I can get the Blue tooth to work but not the cradle cable that comes under the center console. It’s upsetting because I called the dealer and they say they don't support ios 5 but that is the consequences you get when you provide the cable to the customer. Apple does not roll back any iphone to old IOS 4.3.5. I also think it’s pretty lame that it does not work with Pandora since every other car dealer even ford synch works with radios.
Good to know! I'll hold off upgrading my iPhone 3GS for now and stick with iOS 4.3.5. I agree that Pandora not working properly is lame. I've posted my workaround for the Pandora issue here. While it is annoying, I am able to get Pandora and iHeartRadio to work with the workaround.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy to inform you boys and girls that after lighting 4 candles around my LR4 last night and installing an Apple sticker on my windshield, which I later removed mind you, my iphone 4s did recognice my LR4 and I was able to pair the phone. Not only that, 3 iphones and two Land Rovers later, the reception is so clear and crisp that I thought I was driving a Kia. I was so excited that I called my wife every 356 ft. just to make sure it was still working. How did I manage to accomplish this..... NFClue!!! I am afraid of using it tomorrow in case that my "karma" comes back.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Iphone 4 with new IOS 5 works BETTEr with the LR4

My Iphone 4 w/ OS4 (whatever the latest revision of that was) used to say "device not optimized" when plugging into 2010 LR4. Upgraded to iOS5, and now it works perfectly with the LR4 -- so just wanted to say that for anyone hesitating.

I've also noticed that its more accurate -- in other words, from time to time the iphone 4 with iOS 4 would highlight a different song than was actually playing, generally a song "behind" on the LR4 display screen. Now its accurate.

My vote is upgrade to iOS5

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy to inform you boys and girls that after lighting 4 candles around my LR4 last night and installing an Apple sticker on my windshield, which I later removed mind you, my iphone 4s did recognice my LR4 and I was able to pair the phone. Not only that, 3 iphones and two Land Rovers later, the reception is so clear and crisp that I thought I was driving a Kia. I was so excited that I called my wife every 356 ft. just to make sure it was still working. How did I manage to accomplish this..... NFClue!!! I am afraid of using it tomorrow in case that my "karma" comes back.

Ok, so that is just a hysterical post! I literally laughed outloud. Sorry you were having such issues. But this is a great post! hee hee

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, I am mystified how anyone using an iPhone with IOS 5 is not experiencing any issues.

Just to clarify. The Bluetooth is working great. Just can't play any music from it.

I am going to go with UGAgirl's advice and just grab a nano and be done with it.

Thanks,

Marty

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, I am mystified how anyone using an iPhone with IOS 5 is not experiencing any issues.

Just to clarify. The Bluetooth is working great. Just can't play any music from it.

I am going to go with UGAgirl's advice and just grab a nano and be done with it.

Thanks,

Marty

You won't regret it MottMcfly!! I literally have no headaches where my music is concerned. Plus it saves time from always having to hook up my phone everytime I get in the car.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still having no issues with IO5 or my iPhone 4S in my 2011 LR4.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so that is just a hysterical post! I literally laughed outloud. Sorry you were having such issues. But this is a great post! hee hee

So far the candles are gone, the Apple sticker peeled off, but the bluetooth and my iphone 4s are working great. Is it possible that I won't be able to complaint anymore about the Brits and their bluetooth issues? Hmmmmm.. Oh well, I am sure I will find something else.
:hmpf:

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks,

Marty
I don't know what issue you are having but as I stated mine works fine. It loads my tunes, they all show up in the display, I pick and choose from the touch screen. IOS 5 and the 4S work just as the older version and phone.

Rebel17

Reaction score
MottMcfly, did you get your phone working?

My 4S works fine (even though I keep a 160GB Classic in my LR4 for day to day use), and I just tested my wife's 4. It also works without issue.

It's a pain in the hindquarters, but you may want to try restoring your phone to its original configuration, upgrading to iOS5, then loading your apps back again (don't just restore from backups).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo