iPhone with iOS4 & Pandora work fine (so far)!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstrickler

Reaction score
I just finished a single car ride, and Pandora worked just fine in my US purchased LR4. Only the volume seemed unavailable, and thus controlled by the LR4. I was able to navigate around the iPhone, choose Pandora, and it played just fine.

As this was an initial test, don't count on perfection, but I will report back more later.

dstrickler

Reaction score
Folowup - still working fine

When playing Pandora, the volume works just fine from the car, but no other controls work (not a surprise and a reasonable outcome) and the display shows the first track from my iPod app. When playing the iPod app of my iPhone, all controls (volume, skip track, etc) seem to work just fine as does the display in the car - just as before.

So far so good!

vhousad

Reaction score
How are you able to get Pandora to play through the LR4 stereo? I'm guessing via the iPod connection instead of bluetooth, correct? I do not have an iPhone but am able to stream Pandora from my Palm Pre to my home stereo over bluetooth although am guessing this is not possible in the LR4?

jattea

Reaction score
How are you able to get Pandora to play through the LR4 stereo? I'm guessing via the iPod connection instead of bluetooth, correct? I do not have an iPhone but am able to stream Pandora from my Palm Pre to my home stereo over bluetooth although am guessing this is not possible in the LR4?

The iPhone doesn't allow bluetooth music streaming, and neither does the LR4

dstrickler

Reaction score
HowTo on Pandora and the iPhone

Try this vhousad:

1. Make sure your iPhone is running iOS4. My iPhone is a 3GS

2. Plug it into the cable made for the iPhone under the arm rest. The LR4 will recognise it, and may start playing it's iPod music selection.

3. Press the Home button on the iPhone and choose Pandora and follow it's prompts to start the music as you normally would.

4. Using the volume control on the LR4 works with Pandora, but pressing the "Next Track" arrows more the input back to the iPod, and thus away from Pandora (not what you want).

Note when using Pandora, the LR4's display will show only data about the iPod's music - not Pandora. Also note the Bluetooth is not compatible for playing music with the LR4 - you must use the cable.

I have tried Pandora and Radio Paradise, and they both stream well with the LR4.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten this to work on an iPhone 4? When I plug it into the car, I get a message on the phone that it is not compatible. I dismiss the message. The phone charges and the BT still works. When I start Pandora and select the iPod as the source on the LR4's nav, I get no audio. If I unplug the phone from the car, audio comes from the phone. I can plug the phone into the aux input behind the center console, but only when the phone is not connected to the car.

Does anyone know if there is a SW update for the LR4's nav?

Thanks!!!

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this vhousad:

1. Make sure your iPhone is running iOS4. My iPhone is a 3GS

2. Plug it into the cable made for the iPhone under the arm rest. The LR4 will recognise it, and may start playing it's iPod music selection.

3. Press the Home button on the iPhone and choose Pandora and follow it's prompts to start the music as you normally would.

4. Using the volume control on the LR4 works with Pandora, but pressing the "Next Track" arrows more the input back to the iPod, and thus away from Pandora (not what you want).

Note when using Pandora, the LR4's display will show only data about the iPod's music - not Pandora. Also note the Bluetooth is not compatible for playing music with the LR4 - you must use the cable.

I have tried Pandora and Radio Paradise, and they both stream well with the LR4.

Hmmm.... doesn't seem to work for me. I am running iOS 4.1 with a 3GS iPhone using the iPod cord. Once I start Pandora, it will play for one second or so, then would fade out and go back to playing my iPod and pause my Pandora.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... doesn't seem to work for me. I am running iOS 4.1 with a 3GS iPhone using the iPod cord. Once I start Pandora, it will play for one second or so, then would fade out and go back to playing my iPod and pause my Pandora.
Are you using the right cable? I think you "must" use the Land Rover cord they sell that fits the special socket, not the USB fitting.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using the right cable? I think you "must" use the Land Rover cord they sell that fits the special socket, not the USB fitting.
Yes I am using the iPod cable (not a USB cable). This is the cable Land Rover sells for about $80. The iPod on my iPhone does work with this cable. It's just the Pandora Radio (and probably other music apps) that is not working.

JohnR

Reaction score

This is exactly what happens to me now.
It worked great under iOS4, but once I upgraded to 4.1 it quit working.
Other streaming audio apps do the same thing since 4.1

To double check that it was 4.1 that changed, I also tried my wife's phone
before and after the upgrade. Same results.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM