Ipod Interface Through Nav-Tv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt_Grim2

Sound like the Nav-Tv set-up is going to be sweet for the Ipod & XM/Sirius Plus the '09 Range Sounds Pretty Amazing...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
schafari said:
Well Grommet, according to the LR3 Factory Service Manual: "The audio systems has two levels of head unit. A low line and high line unit. The low line unit system is based around a head unit which communicates on the medium speed CAN (controller area network) bus, while the high line system is based around an Integrated Head Unit (IHU) which communicates on the Media Orientated System Transport (MOST) ring and the medium speed CAN bus."
To my knowledge, the "low line" level only exists on lower trims... the one without the embedded 6 disc changer. There are only two head units: 6-disc and Single-disc. I think the stripped LR3 that was released in NA for 2006, a base V6 (not SE), might be "low line"... but I've never seen one personally. (Lower trims are more common in other markets.) North American 2005 SE here clearly has MOST...

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, getting way off topic...

toddjb122 said:
...there is so much they could easily do with that NAV screen that for some reason they didn't. Guess in the rush to get the vehicle out, extra features like integrated mobile phones (caller ID on the NAV would have been nice!) get left out.
You get Caller ID on the head unit, which is not the Touchscreen.

There is a pretty simple engineering reason: the Touchscreen is optional in Discovery 3/LR3 (& Range Rover Sport). Everything is designed to be used without it, other than the (optional) Navigation and 4x4 Info.

See 05+ Range Rover if you want to see head unit controls, radio, PTI, trip computer, etc. on the non-optional Touchscreen. (And the core system driving it all is identical to LR3.)

Maybe in the next generation LR3/RRS, we'll lose more traditional controls... but I'm not a huge fan of everything that is "the future": see BMW iDrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dronedog

i do not know what the complaints really are with the touch screen. i do not have the nav. but i do have the BMW idrive and i don't see what all the fuss is about. once you use it a couple times, you can do what you want without really anymore trouble than if it had a bunch of buttons to push. it really is pretty simple but i guess that is another forum. sorry.
the dog

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt_Grim2, we're still waiting for pictures of your "play 3 discs in parallel" DVD 8-disc changer (and manufacturer and model), your retrofitted Range Rover Sport RSE system, pictures of the full Touchscreen user interface that controls this whole thing... and, of course, pictures of where all the components, like the "3 disc DVD player" and your integrated rear view camera, are located.

W

w6000

grommet said:
Matt_Grim2, we're still waiting for pictures of your "play 3 discs in parallel" DVD 8-disc changer (and manufacturer and model), your retrofitted Range Rover Sport RSE system, pictures of the full Touchscreen user interface that controls this whole thing... and, of course, pictures of where all the components, like the "3 disc DVD player" and your integrated rear view camera, are located.

I think he is on a camera forum trying to decide which lense to use, and what kind of light to take the pictures in.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. It's not very funny. You have many many posts on this site about decorating your LR3 up like a xmas tree. Many people have helped you out with answers and links to answers. Yet you won't even oblige w/some pics to prove your claims in this link?

F

Freeflytim

"Low Line" trucks are refering to BASE models. and our S, SE and HSE are NOT "Low Line".
"Low Line" = base models, which are not sold in the US. These trucks have COIL springs!! Well, there are about 20 of them, but thats a whole nuther subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd