IPod question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AceRider

Reaction score
As long as you don't try doing both things at the same time... :biggrin: Connecting an iDevice to the dedicated USB port (for playing or charging) will disable Bluetooth audio streaming.

So, does that mean if you get a phone call (which as far as I know is Bluetooth transmitted) while playing an Ipod or other device, that it won't disable the music and switch to the phone?

Or are you only saying that you can't stream MUSIC while another device is plugged into the port, which sort of makes sense to me. Kinda.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, does that mean if you get a phone call (which as far as I know is Bluetooth transmitted) while playing an Ipod or other device, that it won't disable the music and switch to the phone?

Or are you only saying that you can't stream MUSIC while another device is plugged into the port, which sort of makes sense to me. Kinda.

No what he is saying is if you have 1 iPhone connected to the system through Bluetooth and Bluetooth only it will stream music and make phone calls.

If you then plug that phone into the USB port it will no long stream music through Bluetooth as it will then play music through the USB port. It will then only do phone calls over Bluetooth.

AceRider

Reaction score
If you then plug that phone into the USB port... it will then only do phone calls over Bluetooth.

Just want to be sure I understand: But it will STILL mute the music when a phone call comes in?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW for any audiophiles out there: You want to use Bluetooth audio streaming as a last resort anyway. The compression over BT really kills the audio quality (even moreso than iPod m4a / AAC). This isnt a LR specific issue, but its a BT issue in general.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635