Is there an actual speaker fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

iwhound

Thanks pkpro, that's the first time I've heard of a successful solution. I'll try that.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pkpro said:
Had the same buzz as well, complained to dealer, they replaced the amplifier and its all better. They said it was a common problem. Also check the wires from tha amplifier under the passenger seat. They can get loose.

Does anyone know if there is a TSB published for the amplifier?

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had service done last week and I mentioned the faulty speaker in the passenger door. The senior rep there (I say senior because my guy was a week old on the job) said there was a service bulletin out on the speakers. Apparently, there was/is a clip or a bolt that's causing some of the rattling noises.

After the service I can tell a big difference in speaker quality. I had to reset my bass and treble settings becuase of the re-boot of the sytem, but the speaker does sound better. If you crank the bass all the way up (I use iPod with Belkin) then there is some distortion, but nothing like before.

Just FYI. By the way, they wanted to replace all my windshield wiper blades for the low-low price of $140. I did the job myself for $30. What a rip-off.

kosta

Reaction score
i also had the buzzing from the passenger door speaker - dealer fixed the problem no charge - work order shows that they resecured the speaker grille w/double-sided tape - doesn't sound like much, but the problem is gone - i did tell them that i was aware of a service bulletin for the problem upfront, in order to avoid them telling me they weren't aware of anything on this.

i also complained about the noisy front wipers - they checked and replaced them no charge.

BELLROVER

Reaction score
Land Rover does have a fix, it's not the speaker that is buzzing it's mostlikely the mount on the door pannel that is buzzing due to the speaker opperating with the bass turned up as if you're M&M

roverdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BELLROVER said:
Land Rover does have a fix, it's not the speaker that is buzzing it's mostlikely the mount on the door pannel that is buzzing due to the speaker opperating with the bass turned up as if you're M&M

Taking mine in for the 3rd time to "fix" it, last time was just 3 months ago and the fix lasted about four days. Just takes a couple clicks past the factory preset on the bass level to induce the buzzing. They've replaced the speaker, the mount, and the panel to no avail.

DonA

Reaction score
BELLROVER said:

That's Eminem :wink:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM