It BETTER NOT Look Like the Concept Vehicle!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To Dream the Impossible Dream
or, my Defender wish list.

I hope it has coil springs over solid axles.
I hope it comes with three locking diffs from the factory and that I can engage them whenever I choose.
I hope there's an option to shut off the ABS-based traction control.
I hope it can be had with a diesel motor and a manual transmission.
I hope there is less than 5 miles of wiring in it, so that I can diagnose electrical problems myself.
I hope that the brake rotors are small enough that I can put 16" wheels on it, and that the wheel wells are big enough that I can fit 33" tall tires.
I hope that the suspension is such that I can fit any snow chains I want on the 33" tires without the suspension interfering.
I hope there's enough space under the hood and behind panels and such that I can hide a compressor, and an air tank, and a second battery.
I hope that the front bumper will accept a Husky 10 winch without it looking like an abortion.
I hope they put drip rails around the roof so that anyone can make an aftermarket rack for it.
I hope there's a dumb key instead of a smart key.:rolleyes:
I hope there's a key switch instead of a start/stop button.
I hope there's a full size spare.
I hope Land Rover contracts with Safety Devices or Rover Racks or one of the other usual suspects to make a real cargo rack rather than a "luggage rack."
I hope the wading depth is decent.
I hope there's one sunroof, and no other glass on the roof.
I hope the sunroof will be steel and not glass, and that it will disappear into the roof instead of sliding back over it.
I hope there are easily accessible recovery points, or at least provisions for them.
I hope there are no stupid plastic panels that I need to remove before wheeling or else risk losing them.
I hope there is a class 3 hitch receiver, and that it costs less than the $450 I paid for a "Genuine" LR4 QR hitch receiver.
I hope there are no LEDS in the headlights.
I hope there are provisions for auxiliary light switches that don't look like an afterthought.
I hope there is a provision for mounting off-road lighting without cutting the bumper or other body work.
I hope the truck is simple and reliable enough that I don't feel nervous driving outside my cellphone coverage area.

I don't need leather, or carpet, or wood. I don't need more than 4 speakers. I don't need complexity. I need reliability. I need a sticker price low enough that I don't feel like an irresponsible ***** for taking it off road.

I know, dream on …

If you get your wishes then I hope they make two different vehicles because that is not the vehicle I desire. The LR4 needs some updating like loosing some of the current vehicles weight, don't force us to purchase a third row seat, upgrade the interior and get the Nav system up to date.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
If you get your wishes then I hope they make two different vehicles because that is not the vehicle I desire. The LR4 needs some updating like loosing some of the current vehicles weight, don't force us to purchase a third row seat, upgrade the interior and get the Nav system up to date.
My wishes are for the new Defender, not the LR4.

Willi

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to doing the hover conversion and having a MR. FUSION poking out of a hole in the bonnet. :biggrin:

Now THIS is one thing I would love to see. But no hover conversion. Where is the fun in hovering over obstacles when you can CRAWL all over them?

But yeah, I already know of electric motors with quite the oomph and are waterproofed/watercooled and reliable.

And considering you'll be getting rid of most of the stuff underneath the car, you can fit a ton of batteries there...

A tesla-fied Defender 110 with enough solar panels on the racks to at least not leave you stranded sounds awesome.

My personal pipe dream is getting a deuce-and-a-half and mounting electric motors directly on each diff, then pile a fuckton of batteries on the spaces in the chassis, build a motorhome on top of it and cover the top on solar panels and travel forever... this is usually when I wake up falling off the bed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM