It's time for a rear cross-over pipe talk. What to do about the backorder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
I don't want my engine to blow. I've got a leak, definitely coming from the backside. You can't get LR122710 anywhere right now. What do I do? Is there a suitable aftermarket solution? Thoughts? Prayers? I guess we might be a one car family for a bit?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, FCPEuro also lists a Jag part, AJ814007, as fitting the LR4 that looks like the same thing as LR109402. LR122710 came up as not fitting the LR4 when I looked it up. I don't know if the Jag part can be found more readily, but it might be an option.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
I have not yet called every vendor, but those that I have called have all been out of stock even though the web and sometimes their own internal systems have said otherwise. I have been drained of optimism. But I’ll continue to call a couple a day. It makes me wonder if they actually do have a part or two on the shelf but they are reserving them for their own use. They could make a few bucks off profit on the part, or they could make a bunch more off the part plus labor. I don’t know but it’s been extremely frustrating.

For what it’s worth my LR4 is a 2016, so SCV6.

My hope, as I woke this morning, is that maybe it’s out of stock everywhere and on indefinite backorder because they are working through a redesign. How hard is it to design a coolant system that doesn’t fall apart in 60k miles? Cooling an engine isn’t a new concept, is there something about these motors that makes them harder on coolant pipes? I’ve had cars with a bad water pump here and there, but I don’t think I’ve heard of pipes essentially self destructing at their connection points at the engine to the point of total and catastrophic failure. And for it to be an issue in essentially every vehicle with that engine, it’s just mind boggling.

I appreciate the help here on the forum. I’ll continue the search.

mmbirtcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something obvious?

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
Not really. Your post illustrates the market pretty well I guess. The 2nd link is already sold out, maybe they were available when you posted. But $159 with free shipping is a fair price.

The second link is for $268 with free shipping. Still tempting in this backorder market I guess, but the guy is looking for nearly 70% markup of list. I hate to cave to gougers, but maybe beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for the links though. I made a few more calls to dealers and online suppliers that listed them as in stock, and I have yet to have anyone come back from checking the stock room with a positive confirmation. It's rough out there. Maybe I just pony up or go aftermarket.

Reaction score
Hello. I’m having the same problem with my 18 Discovery. I experienced low coolant with no leak noticed. Drove for about a week, then low coolant and leak visible. Had it towed to dealer as its CPO. Now it’s been in the shop for 5weeks with no ETA on parts LR122710 and a $4000 bill when they do get it.
Ridiculous for a hose! Service advisor told me at least 100 vehicles are waiting for parts in San Diego and at least 3-4 other ones for the same pipes.
Called dealers in UK and same story.
Wondering what you guys are doing?
I know I’ll be keeping one on hand after this is repaired.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA