I've got it narrowed down to Buckingham blue or Stornoway Grey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spatterso

Reaction score
BTW, I my LR3 is currently silver, but I have owned a dark gray M5 (I really enjoyed that color), a carbon black M5 (loved the color which is a dark blue in the sunlight/fluorescent light, HATED having to wash it every 3 days, and polish it regularly to avoid swirl marks), and my current M5 is silver-gray, which is fantastic for avoiding ritualistic washing. I probably wash that car 2 times a month, compared to 10 times with the previous one. the silver LR3 also keeps a good look for a considerable time despite the rainy weather we've recently been having. No matter what color you pick, you are getting one AWESOME machine.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gray will definitely "wear" better, looks good day or night, still maintains itself reasonably well after a rainstorm, and still has some darkness to it to give the truck a clean look; the blue will look tremendous when polished, clean and in daylight, primarily. You will have to spend a great deal of time keeping it clean to really enjoy the color. Given your location, you will probably be happier with gray, but that is just an opinion. take it with a grain of salt.

That's pretty much what I came down with. The only thing is that I really like blue and blue cars just make me happy, dirty or not (I know, I'm a little odd, and I'm ok with that).

Long story short, I went with the blue and the dealer is going to start installing the options that I want tomorrow. No turning back now!

That said, you're right and you'll probably see me back here in a week ******** about my dirty blue truck. :biggrin:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think blue looks great dirty. :proud:

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. But nothing is going to scratch your itch like getting out yourself.
These trucks kick ass off road. You won't be dissappointed.

Last edited:

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. But nothing is going to scratch your itch like getting out yourself.
These trucks kick ass off road. You won't be dissappointed.

I'm really excited! I can't wait to go out there and find some trails. I suppose that I need to figure out how to look for them. At this point I don't even know where to look for information about how to find them. I mean, are there maps? Internet sites?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lyon, you can start by finding out if there is a Land Rover Club near you. It's great
to wheel with other Land Rover owners because you get to learn what your truck is
capable of. And you pick up useful driving tips from veteran members. If there is no club
near you get on line and if there are any offroad organization to pick from. Good luck.
DD

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the tonga green and as much as the dark colors look great new, they just do not wear as well.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll love it! Glad you made a choice you're happy with.

I polish my green LR3 twice a year (w/ Finish First) and have to stay up w/ scratches as best I can. So, I certainly notice some areas, but most people look at my '05 and think it looks like new. So if you maintain it, it'll look nice for you for a while. My one weakness is in the winter when I get lazy I use the drive thru car wash which puts hairline scratches all over the car if you look it under a bright light. It takes a good polish in the Spring to get them out!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the tonga green and as much as the dark colors look great new, they just do not wear as well.

You're probably right, but I just keep buying them anyway! go figure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge