I've search - 20" wheel/tires...again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmars

Reaction score
I know, I know this another tire tread.

So my stock Pirelli's blow....nothing short of it. I'm in stock form 255/50/R20 and have plenty of tread life left but I hate them so much I want out.

With that said I'm looking at the Conti Terrain A/T's as a possible next tire. We are in the Northeast so snow, dry, wet etc are in play. We don't offroad mega hard but we take our LR4 on the beach, fire roads and up/down closed down ski resorts. I'd like to go a bit bigger for wheel protection as well for the around town (my wife is brutal on curbs) and light duty offroad.

In looking at tire sizing and noting I'm not lifting her past what my IID2 tool can do for me at the trail head for now thought on the below size? I understand some mild rubbing might occur as well.

275/55 - 103T
275/60 - 115S
265/50 - 107T

Thanks to all in advance

cjwundy

Reaction score
There's another thread I just responded to that might have your answer. User @ElSolis had about the same situation as you and was raving about the 265/50 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's me! We are at 60,000 miles on the truck (yup 55,000 in just over 2 years...glad we got the extended warranty) with at least 40,000 on the Nittos. Still look solid. We've run some trails and snow, did well for what they are. As an all around I've been impressed with them and they don't require a lift or mods. Still think I prefer the BFG's (run them in the past on other vehicles) but as the LR is still my wife's DD we'll run the Nittos until they need to be changed. I don't recommend airing down with them, no personal experience but there isn't much sidewall and I watched a video were Andrew St Pierre ran a LR with low profile tires and he aired UP for a bigger sidewalk and did great. Something to think about.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM