Jack up the LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tonykit

Hi,
I have an LR3 SE and can't for the life of me get the directions in the manual to work for me to lift the car in order to take a wheel off. No matter what I do as soon as the car starts to lift the suspension goes into extended mode and forces the wheel to the ground. I did put it in "Lo", offroad height, park, parking brake, and lock the steering wheel. But each time I try to jack up the vehicle I get the "wooshing" noise of the air suspension and the wheel gets pushed to the ground.

I called the dealer and they would say is use a floor jack and lift from the control arm of the wheel. The dealer is 100 miles away so I can't get to them for little bit.

I just wanted to take the wheels off to clean them, but when I saw the suspension go into extended mode I got to thinking that what if you were in the middle of nowhere and needed to change a flat?

Anyway, if any one has lifted their LR3 using the supplied jack and gotten a wheel off of the ground, let me know.
Thanks
Tony

F

fidhleir

According to the guys at my local tire shop, you have to turn on the hazard flashers to disable the suspension system.

Two weeks after I got my LR3 I took it offroad and picked up a nail in the sidewall of one of my tires. They had to order the tire and my dealer provided a loaner wheel/tire over Christmas while I waited.

T

tonykit

Thanks for the suggestion.

It didn't work. The suspension still went into extended mode. I guess add this to the laundry list of my problems with this 3 week old car.

I think this is going to be the shortest time I have ever owned a car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112