Key falling apart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! :)

I actually like the 2010-2011 key fobs, they feel so much more heavy duty than the 2012-2013 key fobs, which feel rather cheap. I had a 2012 as a loaner and I was disappointed with the plastic and chrome cheap feel.

The worst Land Rover key fob is a 2011 LR2 - wow, it's horrible.

-David

I agree. I prefer the older chunky key. The new one is just plastic cheap feeling and is too shiny and blingy. Sounds like the old style and new style are not compatible, bummer.

Reno LR

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that my dealer is replacing the key under warranty. Fixing little issues like this really does increase my brand loyalty and enjoyment of the car.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the rubber one water proof?

I took apart my plastic/chrome key yesterday, and there's a rubber gasket that seals the electronic bits from the outside world. I'd guess that it would survive a quick submersion.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. Probbly not something to surf with.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the 2013 key look like the updated one (from the 2010-2011 model year) from 2012?

HikeNbike

Reaction score
yea the rubber front on one of my keys started to peel back.. been using the spare ever since..... Ill ask the dealer if its covered under warranty!

Good post

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM