Key Question 2006 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC2006

Reaction score
Hi guys,
new here but I have a question about the key fobs for a 2006 LR3. I have both original key fobs, but now the cases on both fobs have cracked open. What are my options? Is there a way to just replace the cases since both keys still work or would I have to replace the whole key, which my dealer quoted somewhere between 300 to 400 each?
Thanks for any help.

PhyrraM

Reaction score
I've never used them, but eBay has new cases that take your old guts and key blank.

There are also silicon sleeves/cases that can probably be used to hold your old cases together.

SC2006

Reaction score
I've never used them, but eBay has new cases that take your old guts and key blank.

There are also silicon sleeves/cases that can probably be used to hold your old cases together.

thanks. has anybody every used either or even had the same problem?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is how in the hell did you manage to crack them?!?!?

SC2006

Reaction score
My question is how in the hell did you manage to crack them?!?!?

It's the plastic or whatever it's made out of over the unlock button, so I guess just use over time since 2006. I'm just concerned with water getting into them and killing the guts. Has this not happened to anybody else?

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the plastic or whatever it's made out of over the unlock button, so I guess just use over time since 2006. I'm just concerned with water getting into them and killing the guts. Has this not happened to anybody else?

I have had the same key for 6 years. It is my daily driver. A little worn on the buttons. I would just the replacement shell off eBay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM