Land rover hitch adaptor alternative

Discussion in 'LR4' started by PWD2, Nov 1, 2019.

1. djkaosone

djkaosone '11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. I have the gen 1 version where it hangs extra low. I can't complain since I got it second hand with the oem wiring, both were never used for under $200.

Anyhow, the hitch hangs way too low. I have to invert a 2 inch long drop hitch to get it to a decent level. I use my air suspension to raise it to the correct height. Gen 2 is suppose to fix that issue with being shorter. Gen 1 and gen 2 versions are both susceptible to break.

I don't tow much and can't justify the Rhino Hitch, which is a certified class IV receiver versus the oem class III.

PWD2 likes this.
  2. zski128

zski128 Member

Search YouTube. There are a couple videos that show how to remove the lock without the keys

3. AdventureTim

AdventureTim Active Member

I contacted them a few months back and they said that they're no longer making the hitches.

Somewhat related - I purchased their tire carrier and wasn't impressed with the design or quality of it.

4. Lgibson

Lgibson Full Access Member

If you can rotate the lock clockwise with a screwdriver, then rotate the green knob counterclockwise at the same time, the hitch should fall out. I have also removed the chrome cover on the side and driven out the pin holding the knob.

5. E1966

E1966 Member

I opted for the curt frame mounted for under 200

6. patski

patski Member

Decreases your departure angle but I use the Curt one from Amazon, comes with bolt threading thingys that make it pretty easy to install.

download.png