Land Rovers Suck!! Hear me out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little over a year ago I had a slow coolant leak and could smell a hint of coolant when I'd open my hood.

I'm still under CPO warranty, so took it to the dealer and when I picked it up they told me they swapped out a part. This thread made me download the invoice for the work and confirm it was the crossover pipe they replaced. Had just under 60k miles on it at the time.

If I still have this LR4 at 110k miles I guess I'll replace the pipe again.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would still like to know if Matt’s replacement pipe only lasted a year.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 for the win ;)

I guess the two mechanics i've talked with were right, way less engine bay troubles

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 for the win ;)

I guess the two mechanics i've talked with were right, way less engine bay troubles

Having had both my LR4 mill has so far had less issues than my previous 4.4 2006. That is only a sample size of one though lol. Huge difference in power though, no more a$$ puckering passes on two lane mountain highways, would no go back. The 4.4L was smoother and quieter.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i really needed power, i'd have kept my SC RR ;) I almost bought a 2013 lr4 2 yrs back. So far I'm totally fine with having not spent so much more $. However, maybe someone will engineer better replacements for the few engine area issues. I'd enjoy setting up an lr4 someday in next few yrs.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it is a case of installation? That is why I am curious if the pipe that was replaced a year ago was a culprit. We need more info.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upload_2018-6-28_17-37-1.png

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be a skeptic but...2.5 miles, pipe cracked, low coolant warning, and two cracked cylinders? My timing change exploded on a dodge once but all it did was smash some valves even though it had no oil and was overheating. It just seems a little questionable.

Matt Dameron

Reaction score
I would still like to know if Matt’s replacement pipe only lasted a year.
Hey sorry everyone... I've been out on vaca! So let me back up a little... The Y pipe that I replaced last year was fine and still is but the damage was already done to the engine. At first it seemed to run fine then it started missing so I took it to the dealer and of course it had 2 cylinders that had cracks in them. So after being ****** at the fact of how high the repair was going to be and I wasn't sure if I wanted to put a used engine in it or a new one or just set it on fire(this crossed my mind a TON). So really 1 year later I finally broke the old beast out and having a used engine put in it and trading that thing off ASAP. For all of you that still own one of these with the 5.0 engine... Ditch that piece of crap as soon as you can.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut