Landy dealership or non Landy dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So guys, how important would you say it is to purchase a used LR4 from a Landy dealership vs a non Landy dealership?

I like my local Landy dealership, I think they have some fine people there and they always treat me good whenever I come in a kick tires and ask alot of questions. Theyve even let me drive anything Ive wanted. LOL

They have "Certified" used vehicles, etc...

However, Ive just now stumbled across a used 13 thats completely murdered out black. 37K miles. Ive purchased a new truck there in 2013. Theyre also good people. I'm pretty dang sure I can get this from them for very low $40s.

Would it be worth it or should I hold out and buy from a Landy shop?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it would come down to what is covered by the "Certified" LR used trucks that would not already be covered under manufacturers warranty. Any 2013 model (without mega-miles) is going to be covered by normal warranty anyway.

If that '13 is what you want, low 40s is a steal by current pricing.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certified:
When you purchase a Certified Pre-Owned Land Rover, luxury, capability and confidence are yours. Thanks to a complete 150-point inspection, a comprehensive 6-year / 100,000-Mile Limited Warranty*, and 24/7 Roadside Assistance you can have peace of mind along your journey. At Land Rover we take great pride in our uncompromising approach to safety and performance.
Take advantage of this opportunity to explore the variety of exceptional Certified Pre-Owned Land Rovers. For more information about the Land Rover Certified Pre-Owned Program, Click here
Overview

Introducing the all-new Land Rover Select Certified Pre-Owned program featuring vehicles pre-owned by the perfect pre-owner. Backed by a 150-Point Inspection, 6-Year/100,000-mile Limited Warranty* and 24/7 Roadside Assistance. It is the perfect combination of luxury, adventure and reliability.

A Limited Warranty unlike any other

Select Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are among some of the best on the road. So we stand behind them with unprecedented coverage.

Certified Pre-Owned Warranty

6-year/100,000-mile Limited Warranty*. Under the Land Rover Select Certified Limited Warranty, your Land Rover vehicle will be covered for 6-years or 100,000-miles, whichever comes first. Coverage begins on the vehicle's original in-service date and zero miles. For complete coverage details, please see your Land Rover Retailer.

Roadside Assistance

24/7 Roadside Assistance Coverage comes standard. The Land Rover Roadside Assistance Program will provide Land Rover vehicle owners, with emergency towing services to the nearest Land Rover Retailer. Contact Land Rover's Roadside Assistance service 24 hours a day, toll free at 1-800-637-6837.

Maintenance Records
Land Rover recommends retaining your receipts and records of regular maintenance and emergency repairs. To maintain coverage under the Limited Warranty*, your vehicle must be serviced as recommended by Land Rover.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ramajama, as mentioned previously, I bought my LR4 from a non-LR dealer. It was the vehicle I wanted, had low miles, checked out fine, drove great, excellent condition. I had purchased from and done business with two other local Jag/LR dealers and was happy with each of them, but their inventories didn't have anything to match this vehicle at the time I was ready to purchase (when I get the itch, I don't wait around).

I basically followed Surfrider's philosophy above-- it was the vehicle I wanted at the price I liked so I snatched it up. I knew I was still well under warranty so I had a ton of confidence in the vehicle (that was a major factor). However, I have not trusted any maintenance to the selling dealer, naturally. They throw in 4 free oil changes on every car they sell but I didn't want to chance it so those are still in my pocket.

The "murdered out black" sounds sweet. Is it an HSE trim or better? Your decision just got tougher my man! The tug of LR is killin' ya, isn't it??!!

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its still very much tuggin at me. My wife is amused at my indecision. LOL!
Yep, this one is sweet!

This is a HSE. I just saw it last night on line. I dont know if its got the LUX or HD package, which are part of my must haves. The problem is that I'm not sure if a non Landy dealership would know how to distinguish those packages....

How can I tell?

Last edited:

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to tell a Lux vs HSE, in my opinion is to look at the leather. The HSE leather is a much more pebbled texture and there is a seam that is about 1/2" wide that runs the length of the seat. The below picture is that of the HSE leather.

As far as the HD package goes, there is a 4x4 section in the infotainment system that shows things like wheel articulation, etc. This sectioned is accessed through the homescreen. If the graphic in this section is showing what looks like 2 locks on the drive-train, then you have the HD. If it is only 1 lock, it is non-HD.

Attachments

• 2015-land-rover-lr4-interior.jpg
    2015-land-rover-lr4-interior.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to tell a Lux vs HSE, in my opinion is to look at the leather. The HSE leather is a much more pebbled texture and there is a seam that is about 1/2" wide that runs the length of the seat. The below picture is that of the HSE leather.

As far as the HD package goes, there is a 4x4 section in the infotainment system that shows things like wheel articulation, etc. This is found in the If on that page, the graphic is showing what looks like 2 locks on the drive-train, then you have the HD. If it is only 1 lock, it is non-HD.

OK I know exactly what you are talking about on the 4X4 section. I'll check that.
Thanks!

The seats are just like what you pictured, so it a non-Lux HSE. Thats a handy way to notice. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM