largest tire with no lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan. Helps me to hang with the 19s until I ever get more serious about rock hopping.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I even took mine in 19" street tires (Michelin Premiere LTX) to my local dealership's off-road event two years in a row.

Here's a video from a few years back. We had drive up that incline just a few moments before.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0KY5hh8tw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Those LTX tires have a shallow tread-depth even when brand new. If I recall correctly, I had to generate some wheel spin going up that incline (I think this was the last time I did any off-roading on those tires), but otherwise, they did fine. To me, the biggest risk is puncturing a sidewall on a sharp rock. That's why I never air them down off road.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Michelin Premiere LTX and agree on the shallow tread depth but your experience is reassuring. I've got a relatively light Offroad trip coming up in a few weeks and will see how they do. I have been thinking of the Coopers for the next set.

Rover 4

Reaction score
I've had a small rub driver's side, at near full lock. corrected with an alignment. i want to stress, even slightly out of alignment and you will get a small rub. If the rig is properly aligned, you get zero rub at normal height. if you drop the rig down to access height, you will get rub when turning. Other than that, issue, now resolved, I like this setup and ride better than the stock LR4. With the spacers, larger tires, slight lift, you get a very minimally stiffer ride. I have a 2nd 2013 LR4 LUX, my wife's, without the lift, tires, and spacers, so I can directly compare them.

Rover 4

Reaction score
some photos

Tires 1.jpg

Tires 3.jpg

Tires 5.jpg

LR4 Gray slider 3.jpeg

LR4 Gray DS.jpeg

Rover 4

Reaction score
yes, running 1" spacers and no issue running normal height, no rub at all if properly aligned. If the alignment if off, even slightly, you will have rub either driver side or passenger side, depending on which way the alignment is off. it will rub without spacers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA