latest LR4 comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have both the 2010 LR4 HSE LUX and I also just picked up....

A 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with their new V6. It's a great vehicle, and I'm really impressed with all the "operator niceties" and especially the built in Garmin NAV interface. The vehicle is really so user friendly. What does that have to do with this post............NOTHING! No matter how much I like my new Jeep (got about 1300 miles on it), it's not our LR4! It's somewhere between an SUV and an SAV in my opinion. Even if I had the V8 Hemi rumbling under the hood of my new Jeep, it would simply not drive with as much poise, confidence, and grace as our LR4. It's great in the snow, but not as great as our LR4. I agree with a small portion of that comparison, but I hate how they gave points to the other contenders for things that the LR4 is simply NOT. I bought the LR4 because of its "Mystifying Mass", and its V8 power and rumble. I also bought it for the extra head room that comes with the "large size and extra weight". I bought it because it's really about the only vehicle on the planet with a truly usable (for adults) 3rd row seating. I bought it because its a LAND ROVER! I bought it because it's not a "me too" SUV or SAV. We got out of our 2007 X5 and into the LR4 and could not be happier. If I wanted an SAV, I would have bought one (Acura, BMW, Audi). But I wanted an SUV........SO I BOUGHT ONE! I'll live with the gas mileage, that's my choice. I'll live with the minor electronics annoyances (never owned a vehicle that was trouble free anyway!). I'll live with the higher cost of maintenance. I Like my new Jeep, but I love our new LR4!

Cheers,

Joe

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Joe,

Glad to hear the new truck in your garage is not a replacement for the LR4. I wanted to look at the new GC when it hit last year, but I knew it wouldn't work for me as it didn't have a 3rd row.

Sounds like a nice truck. Does Jeeps version of terain response work as well as the LR4? It sounds like it may actually lift the truck more in the Hi mode.

Rob

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob.....yes, it works well, and has a sport mode which lowers the vehicle and stiffens the suspension which I like, but it automatically switches back to "auto mode" when you turn the vehicle off. You can switch to "rock crawl" mode and it raises the vehicle with the air suspension system. You can also simply raise the vehicle when you want to by hitting the "UP" button next to the terrain response dial. I'd say it does raise a bit higher in "hi" mode then the LR4.

Overall, it's a really nice vehicle that I would recommend if someone asked "how do you like it so far?" I get a kick out of the marketing and or trade journals that want to dub the Jeep, the "American Range Rover" as it's simply IS NOT that! It's a nice vehicle in its own right and worth every penny of what they are asking for it. So far, I'm impressed! But they can't take back our LR4 anytime soon!

Cheers,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo