leaking LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so.. colorado doesn't get much rain.. but three days ago we got nearly 3". i spent the day driving pretty constant in the rain.. towards mid-day, the A-pillars starting leaking and the head-liner became "soaked" where the A-pillar joins the roof.

took it into the dealer and had them address this.. but now i have a couple of questions:
1) is this a common thing?
2) whats the best way to make sure they fixed this? a hose?
3) it seems, the interior trim along the A-pillars is now loose. its mounted back in normal position and it looks correct.. but its got about an 1/2 inch of wiggle room when I push it toward the glass or move it up and down on the glass. this only is on the driver's side interior trim. it might be i just never noticed this before, but wondered if this is normal before I go back and have them make it fit tighter.

thanks!

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sun roof Drain hoses are probably clogged or were berfore the dealer cleaned them out. Do a search on leaks and I think you'll find it's fairly common.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this has been posted before so it seems there are some cars with the problem.

ours has sat outside and driven in extended torential downpours and never a problem yet.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately this is one of the known issues. Hard to tell when it will occur. Many people report surviving major storms with no problems, then one morning, whammo! interior wading pool feature.

There is a well documented TSB for it, and you can find it by searching this forum from about a year ago, maybe a bit further. The loose A pillar sounds like maybe a clip is missing?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9