Lessons learned at the car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks! Hopefully they will fix it for you. I found a car wash that offers hand washing like you would do at home. It's legit. I stuck around and watched them to see how thorough they were and it was fantastic. A little pricey at $40 but to me it's worth it. Good luck at the dealership.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a hard lesson to learn. I stopped going thru the car washes about 20 years ago. I would once in a while during the winter take our vehicles thru the wash when I just couldn't get out theremy self.

I grew up washing cars in our family. I've gotten fairly proficient at it by now, but the LR4 still takes over an hour to wash and dry. It's just huge.

Folding mirrors were part of the Lux in 2010.

Rob

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey UAGgirl,

You should get your husband to wash your LR4 AND install the upgraded Philips CV bulbs - hehehehe! :) I wash my car myself, but I will say, it's quite a chore! :) Though, it is rather relaxing and pretty good exercise.

Are you able to fold your mirrors? I know we have the same model (2011 LR4 HSE), but I have not been able to fold my side mirrors according to what people say: hold down the L and R buttons at the same time. I am wondering if this is a feature on the 2010 models or only on the Lux, or if my LR4 is having issues.

Thanks so much!

Regards, David

David,

Great idea about the husband! I will bring that up tonight at dinner :) hee hee

Nope, I cant get my mirrors to fold and after reading all the responses, I dont think our vehicles do this.....

Have a good one!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

Great idea about the husband! I will bring that up tonight at dinner :) hee hee

Nope, I cant get my mirrors to fold and after reading all the responses, I dont think our vehicles do this.....

Have a good one!
Hey UAGgirl,

Good luck! :) Yes, I agree, I think the mirror folding option is only on the Lux. That's OK, I would likely never use it anyway. It's strange that they would not have this feature on the HSE.

I think my FAVORITE feature is the blinker feature where you can push it down gently and then it blinks 3 times. I had this on my Mercedes and was SO happy to find it is on the LR4. Little things :) Hehe!

-David

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey UAGgirl,

Good luck! :) Yes, I agree, I think the mirror folding option is only on the Lux. That's OK, I would likely never use it anyway. It's strange that they would not have this feature on the HSE.

I think my FAVORITE feature is the blinker feature where you can push it down gently and then it blinks 3 times. I had this on my Mercedes and was SO happy to find it is on the LR4. Little things :) Hehe!

-David

I was not aware of the blinker feature! I just learned something new! These forums are amazing! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks David!

brokenneckcp

Reaction score
I will be making my first trip to the service department and I suppose it is my own fault. I hope that sharing this might help others avoid this problem.

I took my new LR4 HSE Lux to a local car wash (Cactus here in Atlanta on Ponce) and they taped my wipers to the windshield. I believe that the car wash triggered the auto wipers and one of the wipers is now stripped and does not work. So, my guess is that if I had turned off the auto wipers first, this could have been avoided. I hope this is covered by the warranty! I'll find out tomorrow. Probably not, but I am going to play dumb (be nice).

I also noticed that after the wash my mirrors were out of synch. When I used the buttons to expand them they got back on track and all is fine. My guess is that the car wash people manually pushed the mirrors in during the wash and they got off track. Hopefully this did not cause any damage, but we'll see. I will tell them not to touch the mirrors next time a retract them myself.

Hope this helps - any comments or other lessons learned appreciated.

duh

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not aware of the blinker feature! I just learned something new! These forums are amazing! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks David!
Hey UGAgirl,

It's amazing! I got used to it on my past Mercedes and was happy to find out it's standard on LR4s. You basically just signal as usual (up or down), but don't push all the way to lock the directional, rather just push down gently and it activates 3 blinks. Brilliant! ;) perfect for switching lanes and exiting highways.

Let me know if you have questions.

-David

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey UGAgirl,

It's amazing! I got used to it on my past Mercedes and was happy to find out it's standard on LR4s. You basically just signal as usual (up or down), but don't push all the way to lock the directional, rather just push down gently and it activates 3 blinks. Brilliant! ;) perfect for switching lanes and exiting highways.

Let me know if you have questions.

-David

How Fabulous! What a great little trinket :) Thanks David! Can't wait to try it out!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99