life with LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjaskuls

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So I wanted to post this as i wanted to see how people are fairing with their LR4's.

I bought my 2010 from a franchised dealer in February.

it had 50,000miles or 80,000kms
all services done at dealer
HSE with the 5.0 V8

I looked through the service histrory and thankfully the air compressor was changed under warranty as was the electronic parking brake module.and they changed the timing belt sensor when it was returned after lease.

I've driven the Rover about 5000 miles (8000kms) since and am averaging about 21 miles per gallon (I'm about 90% rural highway so a lot of cruising at speed.

only one issue was the computer stayed on one day draining the battery so i disconnected or a hard reset and since then it has been fine.

always interested in what others have found as mileage? any repeated issues?
service experience ?

I'm not sure I'm ok with the annual 24000km oil change.

thoughts anyone?

jim6090

Reaction score
Cpo 2012

I am picking up a CPO today with 33000 miles. I've owned 2 other LRs and loved them. Don't be concerned at all with the long oil change interval. We had a BMW several years ago that was 18-20K miles. Synthetics can go that long without any issues. Can't wait to pick mine up later today.

wayne

Reaction score
My 2012 LR4 now has about 25K on the clock with no troubles at all. Great so far.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife loves hers. 10, HSE. Flawless so far

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a pre-owned 13 LUX with 12K miles. Was in showroom condition when I got it and has been flawless in the 6+ months since. Couldn't be more pleased ...

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2011 3 years/30k miles ago (wife's car). It's been trouble free. Just regular service and a set of tires. Water pump was noted to be leaking and replaced under warranty during a regular service. It goes through brakes and tires (and gas) pretty briskly but attribute that to a heavy high performance machine. It's my 3rd Land Rover, the last two (both 2010+) have been easy to own.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:call:

2014 LR4 with 5K miles has made 5 trips to dealer.

Blown oil cooler x1 @ 3475 miles
Residual Oil in Coolant (stemming from above) x3
Low oil Coolant / Overheat x1 - Left me stranded in Reno last weekend. Had to rent car to get home. @ 5000 miles

So far LRNA has been supportive and will be replacing our rig with a 2015. I won't trash talk unless my 15' experience goes south.

I'll report back with "Trip Interruption Program" experience once I process paperwork and receive feedback.

:stickyman

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm now over 10K miles. (When did that happen?!) No issues and loving a lot of stuff about the LR4. On road, off road. Sometimes loaded, sometimes not (the truck). Sea level, 11K'. The more I drive it the more I like it. Sure, there were some things I had to get used to - like on every vehicle. And some things I had to learn. Some imagined issues. But no real issues such as those faced by Waterndirt or epicLR4. Really sorry that you guys are having to go through that.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 V8 that I purchased in May of 2013. It was used as an event car for a tennis tournament and sold by LR "used" to me with only 3000km (~1850mi) on the clock and I am just about to hit 29k km (17,400mi). It goes in for it's second scheduled servicing this weekend.

No mechanical complaints so far. I just have an audio software gremlin where my Subwoofer fails to turn on. I know it's software related because if I go into the level adjust screen and tap the slider once in either direction it magically turns on. It's very intermittent, which is even more annoying.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72