Load Space Cover - did your 2013 vehicle come with one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So my LR4 LUX did not come with a load space cover (the roll-up cover thingy in the cargo area that hides your valuables from sight).

Dealer just informed me that they just realized none of their LR4s have the load space cover and found out from LR NA that they no longer come with the vehicle as of January 2013.

Wow.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct. The cover was included for free on my special order 2013 Lux, but apparently in error or because mine was built in November of last year (then again, my car was also fitted with a Rear Entertainment System in error over in the UK... Had to pay for that one and wasn't too happy about it.) Nobody else here who got a 2013 more recently than me received the load space cover as far as I know. If I didn't need it to make the vehicle a hair more palatable when selling it, I'd give you mine. I usually take that cover off the day I get home from the dealer and don't put it back until I sell the car.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer asked me if I wanted it when ordering - but there would be a fee. I said no.

I think they are great, but with a dog and expected use of the 3rd row, it would only gather dust in the garage like the ones from my past two wagons.

When we had no pets or kids I did use it often though. I did European delivery on the 328iT and it was great to have it to conceal all our luggage as we traveled around Europe. Got home, took it off, and it has been sitting on a shelf ever since.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I "forgot" to return mine when I traded in my 2010. I rarely use it in the 2013 - gets in the way and the tinted glass makes it hard to see in anyway.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I "forgot" to return mine when I traded in my 2010. I rarely use it in the 2013 - gets in the way and the tinted glass makes it hard to see in anyway.
Me too! :) I took it out of my 2011 when I picked up my 2013. I have it in sometimes, but mostly keep it out.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't have one. But the dealer had an extra black one sitting around and just gave it to me.

I use mine. I did also notice that the sound system sounds better with it all the way shut, the two rear speakers project better and the sub and a little bit different air space to work with.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So my LR4 LUX did not come with a load space cover (the roll-up cover thingy in the cargo area that hides your valuables from sight).

Dealer just informed me that they just realized none of their LR4s have the load space cover and found out from LR NA that they no longer come with the vehicle as of January 2013.

Wow.

No $60,000.00 plus vehicle should come with one of those things! Actually, the steering wheel should be an extra. Geeeez. LR turning into an airline? I better remember to "forget" mine when I trade up in a couple years.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did not come with one, but the dealer had an "extra" one laying around and gave it to me.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up our LR4 on Saturday and no load space cover. I won't miss it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM