Long Roof Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msdavenport87

Reaction score
Chinese Chuck (eBay), no name long roof rails, without instructions. What do you do with the aesthetic filler strip of piece filling the channel? My mechanic mounted the rails over the filler pieces, but resulting in a poor fit of the rails themselves, especially the rear, flat portion, as there is not enough room in the roof's channel for that piece.

I'm wondering if the supplied rubber piece takes the place of the filler strip. Any clues? This is rapidly becoming a PIA, which may quickly devolve into me flinging these cockamamie rails with the totally crap cross members that can apparently only be slide in the groove via the rear, which begs the question why they notched out sections of you can't install and remove the cross members at those points?!

msdavenport87

Reaction score
Who knows in your case... its not oem.
You're correct they're not stamped Land Rover, but I'd venture to guess they're a one for one. OEM or not, my question remains...do you leave the aluminum filler pieces in place and mount the rails on top of them, or remove the filler pieces which allow for the rails to fit nicely in the channel, but leaves a portion of the open channel from the curvature of the roofline? Again, this question is independent of OEM vs. aftermarket copies of the long roof rails. Heck, when you think about it, the same holds true of mounting the short rails.

ugmw177

Reaction score
leave the aluminum ditch rail covers in place and mount on top o them. that rear piece, use a dremel and cut off the part that extends down into the channel so that is is instead flush with the channel aluminum cover

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel I’ve been misinterpreted. I cannot effectively prescribe instructions for an unknown part. How could I possibly take any responsibility and the worst…. what happens if I’m wrong. “Feelings” don’t count.
The part supplier should provide the instructions.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? Take a pic. That’s what you get when you buy the $100 knockoff and the OE part is $600. It’s not hard to figure out. I have the knockoff ones on my truck.

Blueaz

Reaction score
I have a set of OEM extended/long roof rails for sale as well as a pair of locking Thule Aeroblade cross bars. Here are some photos showing the OEM roof setup with the OEM extended rails.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 21

Blueaz

Reaction score
Original extended/long roof rails and the Thule crossbars. This stuff is just sitting in my garage in Scottsdale, AZ and taking up space. Would sell it in person for an amazingly cheap price. Will ship for a bit higher price, but still cheap!

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 22
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 20
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 17
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg